I love the battery life on the Moto G

arch stanton1

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
ATT. I don't play games or listen to music, just phone calls, text, and about 1-2 hours of web browsing a day. I have Kit Kat, and did a cache clear which really helped life. I also disabled several of the other BS apps, and run Task Killer once or twice a day to kill other apps that start randomly.

My last charge went three and a half days, including an hour long conference call on speakerphone, and the battery was at 31% when I plugged it in last night. I noticed that if you are near a cell tower (there's one a few hundred yards away from my house) the standby battery use is almost non-existent, maybe a few percent overnight.

WiFi seems to be a big drain on the battery, though. Best $200 I ever spent.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
That's unbelievable battery life. I wasn't getting that, but it was really good compared to other phones I've had. You are absolutely right though, $200 for such a great device is a steal. I do wish that it had LTE. That would have an impact on battery life for sure, but it would have made the phone that much better.

jim1405

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Since I've been using my Moto X lately I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of pure standby time I could get on the Moto G with most everything turned off except the phone radio. I only turned it on for a few seconds each day to monitor the battery level. It was still going when I finally plugged it in so it would have probably gone a bit more before totally dying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-18-15-08-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-18-15-08-08.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2014-03-18-15-08-18.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-18-15-08-18.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 33

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Since I've been using my Moto X lately I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of pure standby time I could get on the Moto G with most everything turned off except the phone radio. I only turned it on for a few seconds each day to monitor the battery level. It was still going when I finally plugged it in so it would have probably gone a bit more before totally dying.

That is EXTREMELY battery life omg
How did it last 17 days? That's insane! I don't get a standby like that.. Android OS is consuming a lot for me

Posted via Android Central App

paulw3

May 21, 2012
Visit site
That is EXTREMELY battery life omg
How did it last 17 days? That's insane! I don't get a standby like that.. Android OS is consuming a lot for me

Posted via Android Central App

No 3G , sync, WiFi. Turn off all those and I can get a week out of my Nexus 4. My wife's Moto G with all that turned on gets 3 ~ 4 days. Most likely could get 17 days with all turned off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch