Galaxy S4 to Moto G?

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I want to sell my s4 and try out the smaller, closer to stock moto g. Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: S4 to Moto G?

I've been really impressed with the moto g. It's a great little phone. Reminder tho...no four g if u use Verizon.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I want to sell my s4 and try out the smaller, closer to stock moto g. Thoughts?

If you want a lightning fast smaller stock Android phone then your better off going with the Nexus 5 or Moto X. Faster processor, better camera, more storage and 4G. Don't get me wrong the Moto G is a great device. I have one as a back up phone, but I think you'll be happier with the performance of the Nexus 5 or Moto X.

Last edited:

Sancrya0

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you want a lightning fast smaller stock Android phone then your better off going with the Nexus 5 or Moto X. Faster processor, better camera, more storage and 4G. Don't get me wrong to Moto G is a great device. I have one as a back up phone, but I think you'll be happier with the performance of the Nexus 5 or Moto X.

True, but coming from a Note 2 I can say I see no difference in speed. Even high recourse games run without any lag.

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
If you're coming from a S4
You better get a nexus 5 or Moto X since Moto G is the best for the price but if you have the money for more, the X is way better :)

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and a Moto G. In performance there is little noticeable difference. Of the two I prefer the Moto G. It's a nice size and is a pleasure to use.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 and a Moto G. In performance there is little noticeable difference. Of the two I prefer the Moto G. It's a nice size and is a pleasure to use.

Really? That's good to hear. I think I'll be going with a moto g. The price is just worth it.

OH ryan

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually switched from a Note II after it got its screen cracked and I actually prefer it over the Note II. Its so much more portable and cheaper (I don't have to baby it like its a gold bar). Battery is great, 4 hours + screen on time..

Only thing is the main camera. I'd say its pretty unacceptable for a phone.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually switched from a Note II after it got its screen cracked and I actually prefer it over the Note II. Its so much more portable and cheaper (I don't have to baby it like its a gold bar). Battery is great, 4 hours + screen on time..

Only thing is the main camera. I'd say its pretty unacceptable for a phone.

For day to day use, as far as it being reliable and smooth, is it pretty good?

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
For day to day use, as far as it being reliable and smooth, is it pretty good?

Yes, it's very smooth. I've had no slowing down or crashes. For the money you won't get better.

As mentioned, the camera could be better. It's fine in daylight though. I'll post some photos I took with it.

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
These were taken on my Moto G on a trip to the Republic of Ireland. I think they're perfectly acceptable given that they were taken on a device that costs the same as a decent family meal out.

Honestly, the Moto G is probably all the phone you'll ever need. I can't recommend it highly enough. To put it into perspective. I could have bought two for the same price as my Nexus 5 and had a night out as well.

Donegal Boat.jpg

Donegal Cemetary.jpg

Donegal Castle.jpg

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok moto g is a very nice phone but no comparison to s4! Lets be reallistic

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok moto g is a very nice phone but no comparison to s4! Lets be reallistic

I disagree. For one thing, I don't have to deal with Touchwiz on my Moto G. The S4 isn't worth the extra outlay over the Moto G for me.

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. For one thing, I don't have to deal with Touchwiz on my Moto G. The S4 isn't worth the extra outlay over the Moto G for me.

Of course dude ! From the money point moto g is better! But generally i believe that s4 is better! Well the specs are better...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Of course dude ! From the money point moto g is better! But generally i believe that s4 is better! Well the specs are better...

Specs don't mean anything when the performance of the GS4 isn't as good as the Moto G.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Specs don't mean anything when the performance of the GS4 isn't as good as the Moto G.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Well i do have the moto G! And yea its very good :) i havent used the s4 !