Moto G Failing to flash CM11 on CWM recovery

BuJ_14

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a Moto G. I promptly unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and installed the most recent version of Clockwork Mod Recovery Touch. I then tried to flash Cyanogenmod 11 M4 with the right gapps (4.4.2). I factory reset it and wiped the cache beforehand. Everything seemed to go right but when I rebooted it just displayed an endless spinning of the Cyanogenmod boot screen. I had checked the Md5 sums on the ROM and the gapps so they were good. I then tried it without the gapps, and with a CM11 nightly. Nothing worked, all I get is the endless boot screen. What's wrong?

Sancrya0

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You could try and wipe the cache again after flashing the rom and tried to boot it. Worked for me :)

Posted via Android Central App

BuJ_14

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I solved it by reformatting the files in CWM. It is easy and in one of the menus, but wipes your phone of EVERYTHING. I was aware of that but be warned.

Posted via Android Central App

Raunaq Gupta

May 18, 2014
Visit site
i am also having the same problem with flashing cm11, all it sjows after boot is the logo of cm11 nothing else. i tried wiping cache too, but same problem again. Do i need to format sdcard too? itwill it delete my nandroid backup? and if yes then if something goes wrong, then how am i supposed to go back to previous state?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs