what sms app do you use guys? :)

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
hey guys :) i wonder what sms app do you use? I tried Icmess beta app which is very nice with beautiful ui and also Hello sms

you?>

sdc1

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried handscent and a couple of others but I currently use Handouts.

Posted via Android Central App

garyrbeach

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out the settings. I'm trying to use Textra as messaging client. But I can't send or receive texts when on WIFI only. ie, when I have no cell coverage.
Is this doable?
Should I use a different messaging App? Can somebody tell me the settings I need to make messaging work when I have no cell coverage and I'm on wifi only?
I'm using a Moto G with H20 Wireless. I have KitKat.

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hangouts is very good but it is a heavy app for messaging!

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out the settings. I'm trying to use Textra as messaging client. But I can't send or receive texts when on WIFI only. ie, when I have no cell coverage.
Is this doable?
Should I use a different messaging App? Can somebody tell me the settings I need to make messaging work when I have no cell coverage and I'm on wifi only?

I use Textra and send/receive texts via my wifi. It works perfectly. You need to make sure Textra is set as your default Text program under the phone's setting>Data>More.... Also, if your texts are MMS, you may have to setup the APN according to your cellular service provider.

GriffNo1

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I use mysms. Syncs my SMS conversations between my Mac, iPad and s4.

I can reply or create new convos from any of the devices. Works really well.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The stock one. The customization options third party apps offer got a little boring for me around last summer. I used to use go sms pro. Just kinda realized the features it offered didn't matter to me that much

eriley1987

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I use Textra. I like that I can customize the colors of the message bubbles. I guess other than that and the emoticons, I would just use the stock app.

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Is this doable?

Text/SMS works on the network that the phone uses, MMS requires an Internet connection.

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Didn't like Hangouts for SMS, so tried Textra and never looked back. I don't do a lot of customizing, this just works out of the box :)

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Can't beat HoverChat imo, it's got a chat heads like feature for SMS, keeps me away from IM apps as they don't have this feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie