Global verus US GSM for my mostly US + soem EU use?

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure which G I should buy:

I am based in the U.S. but do travel occasionally in native EU.
My U.S. phone data use is currently zero (prepaid flip phone!), as I have other data sources (home, Nexus 7), whereas it may be more in the EU, as I am away for the convenience of home wifi, etc. Still, I am looking for rather basic data use, nothing fancy.

I did look at the respective specs, not familiar enough with acronyms and industry directions..

Should a "Global GSM" then be the right choice?

djeborn

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are going to use att, go with the global because it'll work fine on their network. If you want to use T-Mobile go with the US version. If you use the global one on T-Mobile you will probably only get 2g data unless you are in a refarmed area.

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to use att, go with the global because it'll work fine on their network. If you want to use T-Mobile go with the US version. If you use the global one on T-Mobile you will probably only get 2g data unless you are in a refarmed area.

Thanks.
Note that my phone-based data use is not important while in the U.S., but much more so when used in Europe (often sole source of data).
That's why my question goes beyond the AT-T, T- Mo debate...

I will need the Moto G that will get me the best data in Europe... which flavor though?

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
Note that my phone-based data use is not important while in the U.S., but much more so when used in Europe (often sole source of data).
That's why my question goes beyond the AT-T, T- Mo debate...

I will need the Moto G that will get me the best data in Europe... which flavor though?

That would be the international version then.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar