Background Apps Crashing Constantly

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had my Moto G for three months now and love it.

However, I'm having an odd problem. I regularly get the black square notice that Kindle Reader has crashed or that Cosmos has crashed. The odd thing is that when this happens, I haven't opened or run those apps in days. It go so annoying that I actually had to uninstall Cosmos and Kindle Reader.

Is this an issue with the Moto G, Kit Kat 4.4.2, or is it related to those apps?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

However, I'm having an odd problem. I regularly get the black square notice that Kindle Reader has crashed or that Cosmos has crashed. The odd thing is that when this happens, I haven't opened or run those apps in days. It go so annoying that I actually had to uninstall Cosmos and Kindle Reader.

Is this an issue with the Moto G, Kit Kat 4.4.2, or is it related to those apps?

I would say it is more the apps. You can email the developers and tell them the issue. Give your device model number and version of android and tell them what happened. If you get a report option when that box comes up, you won't have to email them.

I doubt it is an issue with the device, as you don't have system apps crashing, like settings, or the launcher.

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

You can always try factory reset if you think it is the software, however it doesn't always work.

Posted via Android Central App

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would say it is more the apps. You can email the developers and tell them the issue. Give your device model number and version of android and tell them what happened. If you get a report option when that box comes up, you won't have to email them.

I doubt it is an issue with the device, as you don't have system apps crashing, like settings, or the launcher.
That's what I was leaning towards because I uninstalled both apps and didn't have any further issues until I re-installed Kindle Reader yesterday to try it again.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what I was leaning towards because I uninstalled both apps and didn't have any further issues until I re-installed Kindle Reader yesterday to try it again.

At least you have your answer. Does the other app crash when installed by itself?

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
At least you have your answer. Does the other app crash when installed by itself?
Since I installed the Kindle Reader app Monday afternoon it's crashed at least a half a dozen times.

It really gets annoying that I'm watching a podcast in Pocket Casts and Kindle Reader, which I haven't opened in 18 hours, pops up a black box saying that it's crashed.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since I installed the Kindle Reader app Monday afternoon it's crashed at least a half a dozen times.

It really gets annoying that I'm watching a podcast in Pocket Casts and Kindle Reader, which I haven't opened in 18 hours, pops up a black box saying that it's crashed.

Its probably crashing in the background. Restarts, and crashes again.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Gw0lgn

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with the Kindle app so I just deleted it in the end as it was driving get me nuts.

Posted via Android Central App

kingkong90210

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Do u also occasionally get a message unfortunately outlook stopped working also?I had the same problem. But at the same time multiple other*apps*also stopped working so that made me think the problem was something else rather than the outlook app.I even updated the outlook app as well as all the other*appsthat weren't working but none of then would work.I then noticed that there was 2 copies of the outlook app. The original old one and the newer one that I installed (during my attemps to fix all the*apps*that stopped working).*I then deleted to old outlook app. Suddenly low and behold all the*apps*srarted working again and the outlook error message dissappear. Woot!This was my solution. Give it a try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze