Moto G: Question about display?

allanlgz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
If you look closely at the moto g display from the phones edges, can you see lines sort of like the pixels arent packed tightly? Only looking at it from angles, from front it looks nice and sharp. It happens across the whole screen.

Its a 720p so from normal usage distance it isnt visible. Just wondering cause on my ipod touch 5 display you cant see that and the moto g has slightly higher ppi. Might it be the display type or something? Doesnt bother me, just curious.

Posted via Android Central App

allanlgz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Really just me looking too close at the display and i know from up close even on sharp displays you might see pixels depending on your eyesight, but was wondering since its not visible on my ipods retina. Was just curious to know about the display types and how they work

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to be seeing the issue you're seeing on my Moto G. Could you elaborate more? Maybe even post a macro shot?

allanlgz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Its like a horizontal row of pixels is dark and the next lighter.. Only noticeable up really close. Its like the display has slight pixelation and was of lower res than 720p. Was wondering cause i cant see this on the retina display which slightly lower ppi. It was mentioned in another thread too seems someone else noticed but no one anssered

Posted from my Moto G (XT1032) via Android Central App

allanlgz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Moto G Display Question: Is this normal?

I can see sort of like horizontal lines running through the whole screen, only noticeable up close. Its as if the display was lower resolution than it is. Am wondering cause on a 326 ppi display on my iPod touch 5 you cant see this, and you can on my moto g display which is 329ppi.

Ive seen this posted a few times on other forums but not many people have noticed it seems. Some say they can see it on some moto g but not on some.

You can see it in these pics if you zoom in
http://i61.tinypic.com/2h6ua75.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/r210m8.jpg

Posted from my Moto G (XT1032) via Android Central App

allanlgz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Well just got off customer support with Motorola and they said this is normal on the Moto G 720p display. Thread closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22