USB OTG on Moto G KitKat (VZW): Status?

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I posted this question on an existing thread a week ago, and got no response, so I'm bringing it to its own thread.

I was reading all over the place that the KitKat 4.4.2 update "broke" USB OTG on the Moto G.

Motorola released an update that supposedly corrected it, but I don't believe the Verizon Wireless version ever got that update. Or did it? The only U.S. updates I was able to find were for the GSM version.

The problem may not have even surfaced on the CDMA variants of the G. Almost all the messages I've read about the problem are from overseas.

So, does USB OTG work in the current KitKat 4.4.2 version on VZW? I have a USB OTG cable on the way and hope to be able to use it!

connie2000

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon ver. 173.4.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US with KitKat 4.4.2. USB OTG works fine on it using ES File Explorer. Haven't tried streaming though.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, Connie!

Can you write to the USB memory? I think that was the actual bug - writing. That part is no big deal to me, as I'll mostly just be reading. I also have ES File Explorer installed.

My version is the same...well, actually it's 173.44.20, but I assume that's the same thing.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my USB OTG cable. With a MicroSD card reader, I took the old 16 GB card out of my Droid 4, and...perfect.

Reads and writes like a champ. I can even watch videos or listen to music directly from the card with no hiccups or pauses or stops.

Thank you all for the help! This will come QUITE in handy on a long plane trip tomorrow!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc