dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Because Samsung 

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Right, but very unlikely because ZTE ...;)

Then again, the Moto G on Verizon would be limited to Verizon 3G, which doesn't provide great speeds. I think the G on other carriers that have HSPA+ would be better.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Right, but very unlikely because ZTE ...;)

Then again, the Moto G on Verizon would be limited to Verizon 3G, which doesn't provide great speeds. I think the G on other carriers that have HSPA+ would be better.

This seems like a great deal even for a WiFi only device 😀

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Granted the girlfriend and I are both on Att this is a great deal for any Verizon prepaid user! Can this be used on Verizon Postpaid as well?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Granted the girlfriend and I are both on Att this is a great deal for any Verizon prepaid user! Can this be used on Verizon Postpaid as well?

I tried but it didn't activate. I didn't call in to support though just tried online and the automated activation system. I use it as an android ipod touch. My note 3 has unlimited hotspot, so it works for me. Sometimes I want to use a smaller phone

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I tried but it didn't activate. I didn't call in to support though just tried online and the automated activation system. I use it as an android ipod touch. My note 3 has unlimited hotspot, so it works for me. Sometimes I want to use a smaller phone

Thanks for the heads up! Sad it doesn't work. But being on a CDMA network I guess its how it goes.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It does work on postpaid after you use it for 6 months on prepaid then you can switch to contract!!

Posted via Android Central App

Correct. But most people on Verizon are post paid

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on VZW with an old feature phone that has seen better days. I've been thinking of upgrading and definitely won't be a power user. Would you recommend this deal to someone who has never had a smartphone before (but has a N7 2012 tablet) or will there be so little memory left after all the Verizon bloatware that it really isn't worth it?

Or should I just keep looking at a GSM version and go to ST or Cricket/AiO?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on VZW with an old feature phone that has seen better days. I've been thinking of upgrading and definitely won't be a power user. Would you recommend this deal to someone who has never had a smartphone before (but has a N7 2012 tablet) or will there be so little memory left after all the Verizon bloatware that it really isn't worth it?

Or should I just keep looking at a GSM version and go to ST or Cricket/AiO?

It is certainly a good device... But prepaid only though. I wasn't able to get it activated on post Paid. Though I know some have.

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It is certainly a good device... But prepaid only though. I wasn't able to get it activated on post Paid. Though I know some have.

I know it's only prepaid, that's OK. I can live with it that way for 6 months and then go to post-paid, correct?
What I'm concerned about is how much bloatware there is on there....in other words, how much storage do I really get?

Really, my issue is whether I would be compromising too much by getting this phone at a bargain price and being stuck on VZW vs. spending a bit more and being able to go GSM.

Any thoughts on that? Keep in mind this will be my FIRST smartphone!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I know it's only prepaid, that's OK. I can live with it that way for 6 months and then go to post-paid, correct?
What I'm concerned about is how much bloatware there is on there....in other words, how much storage do I really get?

Really, my issue is whether I would be compromising too much by getting this phone at a bargain price and being stuck on VZW vs. spending a bit more and being able to go GSM.

Any thoughts on that? Keep in mind this will be my FIRST smartphone!

I have a thread on that: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-g/375932-verizon-moto-g-bloatware.html

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Colby. Does that 2.5 gb used include the Google preloaded apps as well as VZW bloat? i.e. will I actually have 5.5gb to use for whatever I want?

After my 6 months on prepaid, I understand I can go to postpaid on VZW, right?. Can the phone be unlocked and taken anywhere else, or is it locked into VZW forever? Is there a sim card slot?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but as a neophyte I'm trying to make sure I know the pros and cons of what I'm getting into.:-\

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can use it on postpaid after 6 months with service kept active all 6 months, no Sim its CDMA, and idk if you could use it on any other carrier because its CDMA locked to Verizon maybe you could use it on Sprint? And here's a pic of total storage usable. And apps I have disabled!!! Hope this helps!!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 11919.jpg
    11919.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 11921.jpg
    11921.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 11920.jpg
    11920.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 11922.jpg