US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3 (174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Official Motorola Blog: Android™ 4.4.3, KitKat? Rolls Out to Moto Devices This Week

Moto G users who bought online in the U.S. (includes Moto G 4G LTE) and at retail in Brazil

• Improved camera image quality for Moto X including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, and improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
  • For Moto X and Moto G, pausing for video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
  • Motorola Alert in this update for Moto X and Moto G users. This new app helps give peace of mind by sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: US Unlocked/Brazil Retail Moto G: KitKat 4.4.3

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/100223

Global GSM:174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US
US GSM: 174.44.1.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US

• Android™ 4.4.3, KitKat? - Android 4.4.3, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. This release includes several stability, framework and security fixes in addition to accuracy improvements to the power profile.
  • Camera - Pause video recording - Added the ability to pause video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
  • Updated Phone dialer - Updated Phone dialer with a new graphical layout and colors to improve consistency and usability.
  • Enables Motorola Alert - New Motorola Alert application sends periodic alerts with your location to your selected contacts.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Why only Moto G's that were bought on Motorola's site? Whats the difference between that and say one on boost mobile. Different varients? I'm asking for someone.

The ones on from the Moto site are the GSM unlocked, no carrier versions. The Boost Mobile one is CDMA.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

hockettj

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The 4.4.3 release notes on the Motorola site are incorrect or something.

I have a phone that I bought from a retail store for Viaero Wireless in colorado and it is running with this system version and I can assure you, it's not 4.4.3.

Phone states Android Version 4.4.2 with System Version 174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The 4.4.3 release notes on the Motorola site are incorrect or something.

I have a phone that I bought from a retail store for Viaero Wireless in colorado and it is running with this system version and I can assure you, it's not 4.4.3.

Phone states Android Version 4.4.2 with System Version 174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US.

Could you post a screenshot? I don't have one on my but Motorola's 4.4.2 release notes have this version listed -

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...er_detail/a_id/97632/p/30,6720,9050/kw/KitKat

Global GSM: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US
US GSM: 172.44.4.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Will non-US android versions get the update? For instance like mine. Its a sim-free phone bought from the UK.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1401949602663.jpg
    1401949602663.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 26

Dan Oko

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: New

4.4.2 mean kit kat. Moto g comes originally with 4.3. All u need is internet switch on (on your moto g) and update.

hockettj

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke with tier 2 phone support, they are looking into this and supposed to be emailing me soon regarding this. Will update when I have more info.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke with tier 2 phone support, they are looking into this and supposed to be emailing me soon regarding this. Will update when I have more info.

I posted the same question to Motorola on Google+.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

hockettj

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Still working with Motorola via Email. So far they have asked for my IMEI, Carrier and whether my phone was rooted. Last communication was an hour ago, that's when they asked if it was rooted and who is my carrier.

hockettj

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I recommend you check on the next page, where existing firmwares are detailed:

Motorola Firmwares

I see what you are getting at, but what we are trying to say is that the 4.4.3 release notes linked in the OP are incorrect because they state the system version listed in the release notes should mean you have 4.4.3 when in fact it doesn't because I have been running this system version for about 2 months now and it is not 4.4.3

hockettj

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So after reaching out to multiple outlets for Motorola, I received this reply via PM regarding a message I sent the Motorola Facebook page.

John, I was preparing to respond to your forums post so watch for that. There were some typos in a few spots where it said Moto G was launching on 4.4.3. 174.44.1.falcon_umts.AWSRetail.en.US is definitely 4.4.2.

Still no reply from Email after letting them know my carrier and root status.