wifi problems since 4.4.4 update

Stuart Harlow

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
has anyone had wifi drop out problems since updating tried everything even factory reset still having connection problems

Posted via Android Central App

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i did, but then rebooted my phone and reconnected to the wifi, and it was fine after. if its still a problem though, i wonder if changing a certain setting would stop the issue, but then the battery would be used faster, so maybe not an option.

settings >> wifi >> menu >> advanced >> wi-fi optimisation (uncheck it)

nash_darren

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've had the same issue, Moto G on Vodafone UK. Since the update the phone is constantly dropping signal and says not connected, its really pissing me off. I'm clearing the cache now and... it seems to be working, yeah man. Thanks OP for starting the thread, still moto should be ashamed.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
of course it shouldn't be necessary, but when it does lose connection (which isn't that often), I just disable WiFi for 2 seconds and then enable it again.

jack123s3

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a question.
I have the same problem, my MOTO G is connected with my wi-fi network but sometimes i get this error:
Screenshot_2014-08-26-16-23-18.png
Chrome say "you are offline"
"Clear wipe cache partition" will invalidate the official warranty on MOTO G ??

csibesz07

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Same here.

Screenshot_2014-09-04-17-53-34.png
I bought the Moto G 8Gb 2 weeks ago and i'm very satisfied, however the wifi keeps dropping. It says the signal is excellent but no connection at all. As blackveils mentioned above, if i disable and enable the wifi, it works perfectly. But after 2-30 minutes stops, no internet (with full wifi signal) and i need to reconnect, turning off and on again. Very annoying. Can't even watch a video. I tried clearing cache partition, factory reset, all the "Advanced Wi-Fi" settings, and even safe mod. None of them worked. I have the updated, 4.4.4 version too. I haven't modified anything.

Screenshot_2014-09-04-17-54-35.png

......u see? it shows it's connected. I don't understand what's the problem, maybe the 4.4.4. My older smartphone has STABLE wifi connection with my hotspot. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistake, i'm not a native english speaker. Thx for any help in advance

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
it is mysterious, i used to only lose connection once or twice a day, now its frequent. i wonder what changed. and i did originally clear system cache.

Jayee Dee

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Problem seems to be that when the update was loaded into the phone, it also reset the date and time. The result was a conflict between the phone saying it was set to a previous date and unable to connect to the internet at some date in the future.

Simply solution -- go in a check date and time and correct them, then connection is restored.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i have stopped my wifi issue, for now at least.
all this time its been disconnecting, even though it was stil showing as connected in the status bar. i had to disable then enable wifi to get connection, many times a day.

so i finally tried this:

for 3 days it has not disconnected. for my setup/usage, this is only a small increase in battery usage, its of no concern for me.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
i have stopped my wifi issue, for now at least.
all this time its been disconnecting, even though it was stil showing as connected in the status bar. i had to disable then enable wifi to get connection, many times a day.

so i finally tried this:

for 3 days it has not disconnected. for my setup/usage, this is only a small increase in battery usage, its of no concern for me.

on my jellybean moto g wifi optimisation is still checked, and despite that it has no p roblem. moto g was made compatible with jellybean, thats it. kitkat = problems.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
on my jellybean moto g wifi optimisation is still checked, and despite that it has no p roblem. moto g was made compatible with jellybean, thats it. kitkat = problems.
My phone came with 4.4.3 installed. Worked great. After a couple days it told me an upgrade was available. I ran it. That put me at 4.4.4.

Other than one (1) instance of what resembled the signal loss bug, a week ago, I've had no problems. Everything appears to be working well, and, other than concern about the signal loss bug, I'm delighted with the phone. WiFi signal optimization is enabled on my phone.

JacintoDavila

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a moto X with 4.4.4 and it has the same problem. I tried everything you mentioned in the thread, even a hard reset and still can't connect to wifi (which comes and goes). Any suggestion? how do I know it is not a hardware failure?

Michael BC

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
was having VERY high ping rates on the network (500-700) when WiFi on my Moto X was turned on, post-4.4.4 upgrade.

Turning off optimization didn't help, reboots didn't help. But clearing the cache, as per one of the above suggestions did help. No idea how it's relevant, but it worked.