Kit Kat 4.4.4 Problem with ringtones

Brian9999

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Tried this DISASTER continues. Cannot play most of my music , let alone the custom ringtones which were both working perfectly on previous version.

Help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There sure seem to be a number of Moto G 4.4.4 problem threads. It sounds like the update is causing a number of bugs for some people. The best I can suggest right now is to give feedback to Motorola and/or Google.

Brian9999

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
My brain is hurting but I think I have an a answer. All the files it will not play are WMA format from windows media player. However I have encountered another problem - It seems as if I cannot now delete the old files! Any help on a) converting WMA to Mp3? and b) deleting files from the music folder?

Thanks

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it's a device or carrier specific issue. Mine is a US Verizon XT1028 model and so far no issues.

Makes me wonder too.

I buy all of my phones SIM free here in the UK and the only "issue" I've noticed so far is that it can start to run rather warm after ten minutes or so.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

HK63

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Makes me wonder too.

I buy all of my phones SIM free here in the UK and the only "issue" I've noticed so far is that it can start to run rather warm after ten minutes or so.

I had a minor glitch earlier today. I noticed Google+ was at the top of my battery drain list. So, I opened Google+, but it wasn't loading correctly. And then, I went to "Settings" > "Sharing" and it just kept loading.

So, I cleared data and uninstalled update and then installed update again and reboot. It seems that fixed the problem.

kitkatkid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi @brian9999 - have you been able to resolve the issue with the music files?

@sizzers and hk 69 - have you experienced any other issues after installing the update? In particular, is the heat-up persistent?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
@sizzers and hk 69 - have you experienced any other issues after installing the update? In particular, is the heat-up persistent?

Fairly, but I wouldn't describe it as getting "hot" as such but very warm

I'm not a gamer but I could imagine it may well get "hot" under those circumstances but that's my speculation, but I'm not totally comfortable with the temperatures it does reach at times.

Battery temperature can hover up to 41c but can drop down to a fairly respectable 35-37 which is okay by me if not ideal. I have my doubts about CPU temperature apps but that hovers around 42-44c and I'm happy enough with that.

I'd still get the update, though, as it makes the phone so much quicker and just for reference I'm on GB retail.

I bought a spice android one dream uno 498, was using micromax canvas HD.
Was wondering how to add a custom ring tone but could not get it even after all my tries.
believe this is a fault with the android version rather than the issue with the device.
:(

EVIJAYAK

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hai,
my micromax canvass a120 mobile i have a proble with not able to set ringtone from music player or from anywhere. I tried the media folder ringtonefolder and added music. I also tried by clearing the no media file option. But not able to solve the problem. My default music player is not reading the music file. but i installed uc browser media player where i could read and play music. But I cant set the ringtone. Please anybody help me to solve the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma