Moto G issues connecting with home router

Nilliem

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have tried searching for a few days, and not found exactly what I need answered. My husband's Moto G will not connect to our home router. He doesn't have a data plan, so this is the only way to use internet at home. It has connected elsewhere, with or without password, in no time at all.

Yes, our wireless has a password and that is correct. The wireless works seamlessly with any and all Kindles, iPods, and my Sony tablet. I'm not sure how to list what I've adjusted; I've done so many things to the phone and the router and still no luck.

Any and all suggestions would be great. I'm not any kind of expert, but I can follow directions well and know enough how not to screw anything up permanently.

TIA!

Nilliem

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just to be sure I didn't miss any steps, I re-read that article. It was one of the first ones I found. Nothing on that guide changes the connection. All the troubleshooting for the wireless modem changes nothing, nor does turning on and off the security. There is no USB port, and it isn't a dual band. The
'avoid poor connections' and 'wifi optimizations' are not options on the phone.

If you see the (unconnected, after forgetting) SSID for our wireless on the phone, its full strength. As soon as you try to connect, and enter the password, it drops to poor. As I noted, I've been searching and trying things from the site for a few days. I was hoping to find out if there was something I was missing.