Data connection stalling

chrisoldroyd

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a moto G 4G and notice when I'm sitting at home that it switches between H and H+ on signal and suffers complete data dropouts especially while tethering.

I can be happily streaming data to my PC then it stops, I pick up the phone and it has four bars and H or H+ in the notification bar but no data. I wait a few minutes and data starts again., it's very frustrating.

I have tried it on 4G and 3G only settings and is the same in both. Makes it pretty useless as a hotspot.

Anyone else have a similar problem or a fix?

I'm trying to wean myself off an iPhone but issues like this are not helping, iPhone is rock solid as a hotspot on the same network with the same sim card.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm also on Three and although I don't tether I too also suffer from data drop outs and "hangs" just as you describe.

I used to think it was the network but if you're saying you had no such issues on Three with your iPhone then this is pointing at the G.

I suffered similar problems when I was temporarily on T-Mobile, but that's a crappy network in any case as it was always switching between the T-Mobile and Orange networks causing even more problems.

Not thinking the phone may be the cause this has got me head scratching now, so although I don't have a fix its interesting to learn that the problem may well lie with the G.

However, in saying that I can't recall if I had the same problem when I was on 4.4.2 so I can't rule the update to 4.4 out as a possible cause. Have you been on 4.2 and updated to 4.4 and had the same problem on both versions?

Last edited:

chrisoldroyd

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately not, I only got the phone last week and it immediately updated to 4.4.4 so never tried it with older versions. Weird things are happening with this phone, it also likes to lose my SD Card after a reboot too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad