New Moto G LTE phone giving problems?

noobuser707

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a MotoG LTE from the Motorola store (US) two days ago, it is my first smartphone and I am not tech savvy at all, so please help!

I am yet to buy a sim card for this phone but I started downloading free apps for android (the usual ones: FB; OneNote; OneDrive; Outlook.com; 3 different games out of which only one takes up a lot of space - GT Racing 2; Clean Master; Cover; Whatsapp; Songza; SondCloud; Timely). I did this installing of apps all in one day and towards the end of the day, I tried switching off the phone as there is no sim card yet.

When I took the phone out to add 1-2 more apps, the phone was not switched off, there was some message on the screen: a list of options were presented " start normally, recover, etc", I don't know what exactly I did but I think I pressed the Power button and/or Volume keys and it started normally. I installed 2 more small apps and switched it off before retiring for the day.

This morning I found the same thing and then I saw the "Android in distress" symbol. The battery had over 90% of charge when I thought I switched it off at night, but in the morning it was down at 26%. I did a small search on Google on how to reset the phone, and when I followed the instructions, it seemed to work normally.

My question is:
Should I be worried about this "Android in distress" warning? What am I doing wrong that could be harming my brand new phone? Sorry for the long message, but since I don't know the technical issues here, I don't know how to describe these things in a succinct manner. Please help.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that something you installed might be making the system unstable. You could try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition to see if that helps (no personal data is erased). The steps for the Moto G should be the same as for the Moto X: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/94946/p/30,6720,8696

The other thing you may want to do is uninstall apps one by one until this behavior goes away. Trying to pinpoint which app is making things unstable can be tedious, but sometimes that's what you have to do.

A corrupt SD card can also cause issues, so if you have one inserted, consider unmounting it (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and rebooting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane