Facebook Messenger profile pictures not updating

RJDG14

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Messenger app used with Facebook for about 3 months now, however there is one problem that I've had for a long time now - the profile pictures never update (except my own one). So if I don't reset the app often enough (let's say 2 months) then I'll be left with many outdated icons that should have uupdated themselves weeks ago but haven't. Clearing the cache does nothing, and since you can't log out of Messenger, you have to manually clear your data. And within a day or so you'll see more outdated icons on my Moto G. Is this a bug with my phone or the version of Messenger? Nothing seems to fix this issue except a reset of the app. Has anyone got anything to suggest?

Max2234

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I found a weird solution but it should work.
All you need to do is make a group with the people with unupdated profile pictures. It happened when I did it so it should work again.

EchelonRohirrim

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Clear data; it's the only way.
I tried the group chat thing and didn't follow through for 2 reasons: 1. I really didn't want to involve other people 2. It was more 'complicated' than clearing the data (no, group thing wasn't complicated, just more so than data thing)
For those looking to CLEAR DATA: > Go into phone settings > choose APPS > choose MESSENGER app > select CLEAR DATA
After you have done this, you will have to sign back into MESSENGER using Facebook and it will take around a minute (depending on your signal strength) for your info to be updated.

udaypatil92

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes..! Their is a way..!

You need to go to the Facebook site either on safari or chrome.
1. Go to Privcy and settings.
2.Go to Security.
3.Go to active sessions and remove the session named "Messenger on iOS".
4.Go to messenger on Phone again. It will ask you to re-login.
5.And Voila..!All the profiles are updated and this can also be used to logout from messenger..!

Hope this helps..!

Greatbeing

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Just go to your profile page,then
Go to" switch account"
Put your details exactly the same as your current Facebook account and switch your account.
It will update your profile picture without necessarily deleting everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21