Photosphere

Ryan Veigas

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hiya.. Any clue if we will ever get the photosphere option on our 1st gen moto g's camera as an update? Or is it not meant for our phones :( ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryan Veigas

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I had even downloaded the google camera app.. It doesn't give the photosphere option. Possibly not meant for our 5mp cameras :(

Posted via the Android Central App

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Moto G 2013 does not have a gyroscope that is required for 'photosphere' to work.

The Moto camera app has a 'panorama' feature that takes a 180° pan shot, but you have to move it in a sweeping motion.
The Moto camera app is better than the stock Google camera app and 'Camera Awesome' that comes on the Nvidia Shield tablet.
It allows saving pics to the SD card and does 'drag spot to focus and exposure' way better than others.

blak8830

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The 4G model seems to be the only model with a gyro, but the default camera app doesn't do photospheres.
I downloaded and installed the google gallery/camera apk, and have a sphere option in its camera settings.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure why the Moto G 4G model has a Gscope, but the original G doesn't.

Without the photosphere feature, there's no reason for me to use anything but the Moto camera app on my Moto G 2013 WiFi model.
The moto app does auto focus/ exposure better than the Google app, and at least I can do a 180° pics.

On my Nvidia Shield tablet, I can use photosphere because it has a Gscope, but it won't save to the SD card.