Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto G (1st gen)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the Moto G get Android L?

I believe Punit Soni pledged two-year support for the Moto G.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ivo-p

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

The moto E will get it. The moto G is also sure to get it. We should even get support for the updates after L. Well probably for the first or second one but I think X and G will be supported longer than E.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The moto E will get it. The moto G is also sure to get it. We should even get support for the updates after L. Well probably for the first or second one but I think X and G will be supported longer than E.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

I agree. They only promised one major update to the E. Android L qualifies as that update.

paulw3

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Won't this depend on who owns Motorola when Android L comes out??

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Won't this depend on who owns Motorola when Android L comes out??

Partially, IMO. As long as the same team is in place (Punit Soni), I have little doubt that Motorola under Lenovo would slow down updates. They'll need the customers who they've been supporting to continue the good word of mouth.

usertag

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Definitely. Hopefully they release the updates to the global gsm variants(XT1033) in parallel with the GPE.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Confirmed by who?

I'm trying to see if I can get someone to confirm .I haven't gotten an answer yet.
I am not sure if anyone will confirm where I posted my question.

Usuf Ahmed

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Is Moto G 2013 getting Android 5.0/L ?

Any idea which Moto G is getting the Android 5/L update? It's confirmed for Moto G 2014 (i think) but why not for the Moto G 2013? I mean it's exactly the same thing under the hood (Processor, RAM and whatnot). I'm perfectly happy with the Moto G 2013 but the KitKat 4.4.4 sucks (Battery drains and stuff) and i don't wanna be stuck with it. 5.0/L is gonna have some really great updates and i don't wanna miss out just cause i'm too cheap.

EDIT- As it turns out Moto G 1st gen will be getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop update along with Moto X 1st gen (among others, check out Motorolas website.)

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is Moto G 2013 getting Android 5.0/L ?

Any idea which Moto G is getting the Android 5/L update? It's confirmed for Moto G 2014 (i think) but why not for the Moto G 2013? I mean it's exactly the same thing under the hood (Processor, RAM and whatnot). I'm perfectly happy with the Moto G 2013 but the KitKat 4.4.4 sucks (Battery drains and stuff) and i don't wanna be stuck with it. 5.0/L is gonna have some really great updates and i don't wanna miss out just cause i'm too cheap.

I think all the Moto Gs are going to get Android L.

Julia Smith3

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

I have the Moto G 2013. I just received the 4.4.4. Update. Can you tell me, what is the 5.0/L?

Julia Gay Smith

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I have the Moto G 2013. I just received the 4.4.4. Update. Can you tell me, what is the 5.0/L?
its the next version of Android, i think its still in developement. here is a good video overview of some new features it will have:

if you search "android L" on this website, you can read the blog results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan