How do I hide preview messages on my lock screen on my Moto G?

A

AC Question

hide preview messages on locked screen on s moto g

Before updating phone messages stayed at the top of screen discreetly now they cover the locked screen how do change it so messages are not displayed this way

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: hide preview messages on locked screen on s moto g

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, and change it to Hide Sensitive Notification Content. Then go to Settings>Sound & Notification>App Notifications​, select Messaging, and make it Sensitive.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

do you see those settings on 5.0 or something? i just dont have that on my 5.0.2. i read all about lollipop before the update, but it seems functionality got removed between those versions, same with vibration intensity - doesnt exist.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

That's strange. I'm running 5.0.2 on my Moto G and they are where B. Diddy said. You can even hide all notifications on the lockscreen.

Attachments

• 1426597118023.jpg
    1426597118023.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 10

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's strange. When you go to Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, is there also no Hide Sensitive Notification Content option there? That's what I gather from your post, but just want to make sure.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

its all fresh, I reset before and after upgrade, then I wiped cache partition.. I like to do these things properly ha

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I doubt this is the answer, but maybe there's some app that is acting as a Device Administrator that is somehow blocking that function. Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators, and see if there's anything else there besides Android Device Manager.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I hope you realise I'm not the original poster, and that I was not trying to take over the thread and get help, but I thought it time to say something, as I've seen other places saying about settings I do not have.

in answer to your question: just Android Device Manager.

I use k-9 for email and chomp for SMS, with the right settings, privacy (or just plain irritation of message previews) are not an issue.

neu smurph

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The options to hide sensitive notification content globally or by app only appears if you have a secure lock screen method set - i.e. not Slide or None.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I hope you realise I'm not the original poster, and that I was not trying to take over the thread and get help, but I thought it time to say something, as I've seen other places saying about settings I do not have.

D'oh!;) Well I feel silly now. I should've realized that from your post count!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08