I just factory reset my moto g 1st generation. It was working fine before resetting. But after I reset, whenever I go to google play store and start typing any app name, it suddenly closes and shows "Unfortunately, google play store has stopped working". If I wanna install whatsapp I can click on apps and select whatsapp and install it. But everytime I try to search some app name in the search box, play store crashes.

I have tried removing and re-adding my google account, clearing cache, resetting preferences. But nothing is working. Please tell me what should I do?
    03-27-2016 08:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any reason why you did a factory reset, if everything was working fine beforehand?

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.
    03-27-2016 05:13 PM
    Hi, I did the factory reset because I wanna give that phone to someone else. I tried clearing data and force stopping, but still it is not working. I can search "google" or any app of google and it will work fine, but the store force stops if i search for any other app like whatsapp or facebook. It only occurs while searching.
    03-28-2016 02:36 AM
    This is probably a separate issue, but before you did the factory reset, did you first remove your Google account? Nowadays, if you do a factory reset without first removing your Google account, the phone will remember the previous account and expect you to enter that information after the reset.
    03-28-2016 11:31 AM