Just purchased Moto G 2014 fom motorola...New Iphone costs 1K?

StinkyPete211

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Currently using my Moto G 2013. Just purchased Moto G 2014 from Motorola...I cannot quite grasp people that would spend that much money on a phone when my Moto G's are close in specs and basically do the same thing? It boggles my mind.:)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd be surprised if the new iPhone costs that much... I'm thinking it'll be closer to the 800 dollar mark, but hey, it's Apple, right?

Closer in specs, but sometimes the software is worth it (and a few hardware additions). I never thought I'd grow attached to the S-Pen, and here I am, holding on to my trusty Note 3. But you're right, as the Note 4 was really more of an incremental upgrade than something radically new, I think I'll hold on to this one for a bit more.

Intense Soul

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey OP, I got my MOTO G today. How I feel? It's good and smooth. Loving it's back finish. The device had been upgraded in Camera, size and SD slot. So far the HD videos I played are going good. I am on Android almost after 2011, I am loving everything except keyboard :( I am not addicted to this kind of keyboard. Rear camera is good, and front camera is OK for the price we paid for it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey OP, I got my MOTO G today. How I feel? It's good and smooth. Loving it's back finish. The device had been upgraded in Camera, size and SD slot. So far the HD videos I played are going good. I am on Android almost after 2011, I am loving everything except keyboard :( I am not addicted to this kind of keyboard. Rear camera is good, and front camera is OK for the price we paid for it.
You should try SwiftKey. Once you get used to its vodoo magic, you won't want to go back to anything else.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the plus one at least... but that's for the higher capacity ones. Expensive IMHO since this doesn't bring anything new to the table, but hey, fanboys won't mind, right?

destonic

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Can you please share some photos taken by Moto G 2014 ) and if it is possible compare with some other phone so we can see the difference and how good it is. Thank you.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad the Moto G is treating you guys well! Girlfriend loves the 4G version from last year. If they come out with a 4G version of this one with some more bells and whistles I might upgrade her to this one. I personally thinking about getting the Moto X 2014. But yes the iPhone 6 seems to cost far to much.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
TBH: I cannot imagine spending $400-$500 or more on a new handset every year... or even every two years, much less $600, $800 or more. But I'm sure there are other things upon which I spend my money that the purchasers of these things find equally mystifying. To each their own :)

Speaking of the new Moto G: StinkyPete211: Since you have the original "G" and are getting the new one, I'd be very interested in seeing your take on the new version's runtime as compared to the old. I may go for the 2013 LTE version, I may choose to go with the new "G" for the display and camera, or I may choose to hold off until a 2014 G LTE shows up, in hopes it'll have support for T-Mobile's new 700MHz band 12. But if the 2014 version's runtime is really as degraded as The Verge's chart suggests: I think it would be off the table, for me.

acwe

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The moto g 2014 (dual sim xt1068) is a massive step up from my previous Lg 3" phone.

Setup was very quick, installed sim and Sd card, log into gmail then copied contacts across and it was up and running.
Its weighty 149g but feels light and comfortable in hand.
The screen is bright and clear. Photos look great. The speakers are loud (had to turn volume down on incoming calls)
Battery 2050 mah lasts well, I guess for light to medium use. (in the last 12 hours I have 90 % left)
So far So good.
Just have to find a cover and glass screen protector.

Back.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781