Folks:

It seems like the only version for purchase right now is the 8GB HSPA+ model - no 16GB and/or LTE. Is that correct? Is there any timeframe mentioned when a 16GB version would be available?

1. For those that have the 2014 Moto G, how much of free space is available?
    2. Does the phone allow 64GB microSDXC cards or is it limited to 32GB cards?

Thanks for your answers.
    09-10-2014 06:58 PM
    Just found on the Moto site that the phone takes SDHC cards upto 32GB. I have not found any information yet about how much of the 8GB internal storage is free out of the box.
    09-10-2014 08:11 PM
    Folks:

It seems like the only version for purchase right now is the 8GB HSPA+ model - no 16GB and/or LTE. Is that correct? Is there any timeframe mentioned when a 16GB version would be available?

1. For those that have the 2014 Moto G, how much of free space is available?
    2. Does the phone allow 64GB microSDXC cards or is it limited to 32GB cards?

Thanks for your answers.
    1. There is 5.5GB of user space, but of those about 4.8GB is free space out of the box.

2. The phone is compatible with 64gb microSD as long as you format it as FAT32. You can use the tool RMPrepUSB to do that.

Also apps (depended on the developers) are allowed to be moved to the SDcard.
    09-12-2014 09:58 PM
    Just to let you know

I've had the phone for a couple of days.
    The stock Messaging app uses an emoticon symbol on the keyboard instead of an <enter> key. Which I found rather unusual because I'd use the <Enter> key far more than little pictures.

I installed a different messaging app "Textrasms" from the Play Store and it seamed to fix it.

The phone is great so far.
    The screen is bright and big. The size and shape is a tiny tiny bit smaller to a Galaxy s5,,
    The operating system is fast and very light.
    The battery appears to be good. It was fully charged this morning when I got up. After using the phone (Lightly, Messaging, games) today, 12 hours later it has 90% battery left.
    I'm having trouble locating a screen protector and a soft gel case for it. but I guess they will materialize over the next few weeks.

There appears to be possibly multiple versions of the phone. Some cases for one with two flashes on the side of the back camera and some with one flash below the back camera. Mine has one flash below the camera.

If anyone knows where to get a cover/case it would be appreciated

Moto G (2014) - Questions-side.jpg
    09-13-2014 07:19 AM
    1. There is 5.5GB of user space, but of those about 4.8GB is free space out of the box.
    Thanks. That helps a lot. I will try to estimate how much storage was needed by the apps I had installed on my previous phone. Then time to pick the essential ones or those that can be moved to the SD card.

2. The phone is compatible with 64gb microSD as long as you format it as FAT32. You can use the tool RMPrepUSB to do that.

Also apps (depended on the developers) are allowed to be moved to the SDcard.
    This is good to know too - thanks. I'll try one of my 64gb cards to see if it works.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-13-2014 11:33 PM
    Just to let you know

I've had the phone for a couple of days.
    The stock Messaging app uses an emoticon symbol on the keyboard instead of an <enter> key. Which I found rather unusual because I'd use the <Enter> key far more than little pictures.

I installed a different messaging app "Textrasms" from the Play Store and it seamed to fix it.
    Thanks - I have started using the Hangouts app and will eventually get comfortable using it. It may take a while but I think that may be the best thing to do.

The phone is great so far.
    The screen is bright and big. The size and shape is a tiny tiny bit smaller to a Galaxy s5,,
    The operating system is fast and very light.
    The battery appears to be good. It was fully charged this morning when I got up. After using the phone (Lightly, Messaging, games) today, 12 hours later it has 90% battery left.
    That definitely sounds great. I am not a heavy user, so it sounds like I will be able to get whole-day battery. Coming from a Galaxy Nexus, it'll be really welcome.

I'm having trouble locating a screen protector and a soft gel case for it. but I guess they will materialize over the next few weeks.

There appears to be possibly multiple versions of the phone. Some cases for one with two flashes on the side of the back camera and some with one flash below the back camera. Mine has one flash below the camera.

If anyone knows where to get a cover/case it would be appreciated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	136408
    I am also looking for a case. I want a flip case - the original Motorola one is a little steeply priced. So far, I have had no luck finding cases for the 2014 Moto G. As you said, they should come along soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

09-14-2014 12:34 AM
    That definitely sounds great. I am not a heavy user, so it sounds like I will be able to get whole-day battery. Coming from a Galaxy Nexus, it'll be really welcome.
    48 hours after charging and still have 75 % battery life left. With light use, (1 hour SOT). I'll see how it holds up today.
    09-14-2014 02:27 PM
    48 hours after charging and still have 75 % battery life left. With light use, (1 hour SOT). I'll see how it holds up today.
    Good - to say the least! I just got the SIM card from T-Mobile today - the old number transfer will take a day or so. Then I can start getting a feel for how long the battery is lasting for my use scenario.

09-18-2014 12:23 AM