Moto G (2014) vs my old Moto Razr M

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My Moto Razr M that is on VZW is up for replacement 11/23/14. I was wondering if the new "G" would be a step up? If so, I was planning on going to Cricket or Brightspot Mobile to save $$$ over VZW,. I'd give up 4G LTE though.

Pros for Moto G:

5" 720p screen - 540p on M
Dual front speakers
Stock Android 4.4.4
Affordable @ $180

Otherwise I stay on VZW contract and get a flagship phone and spend lots of dollars

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
No LTE has worked fine for me. The hspa + is plenty fast for me on T-Mobile. Highly recommend this phone and this network

Posted via the Android Central App

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Not to mention you will love the money you start saving! Unless you are a crazy multitasking power user, the moto g is a stellar phone.

slay65

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Unless you need the larger screen of the Moto G (2014), I think getting the Moto G LTE (1st Gen) would serve you better in the US. LTE while not required is nice to have. But I also agree that Tmobile or ATT (Cricket) non-LTE is pretty fast but still not as fast as LTE.

Either phone though is very nice and will save you a lot of money vs. Verizon.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Unless you need the larger screen of the Moto G (2014), I think getting the Moto G LTE (1st Gen) would serve you better in the US. LTE while not required is nice to have. But I also agree that Tmobile or ATT (Cricket) non-LTE is pretty fast but still not as fast as LTE.

Either phone though is very nice and will save you a lot of money vs. Verizon.

Yes, good input. Just think of your priorities as far as how small you want your phone, camera, and the front facing speakers.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't want to step down to a 5MP camera. The front facing speakers and 5" screen for bifocals are more important than LTE. Maybe there'll be an LTE version by Thanksgiving?

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to step down to a 5MP camera. The front facing speakers and 5" screen for bifocals are more important than LTE. Maybe there'll be an LTE version by Thanksgiving?

Who knows, but there probably will be. But if you but one now, I'm sure you'll be okay.

Posted via Moto G
R.I.P My Cyanogenmod S4 :'(

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Moto Razr M that is on VZW is up for replacement 11/23/14. I was wondering if the new "G" would be a step up? If so, I was planning on going to Cricket or Brightspot Mobile to save $$$ over VZW,. I'd give up 4G LTE though.

Pros for Moto G:

5" 720p screen - 540p on M
Dual front speakers
Stock Android 4.4.4
Affordable @ $180

Otherwise I stay on VZW contract and get a flagship phone and spend lots of dollars

It's a step up if you're going to go to Cricket and there's good coverage where you'll be using the phone.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If I stay with VZW, I'll probably get the Samsung S4 or LG G2 unless Amazon has a good deal on the S5

The only other unlocked phones I can find are BLU, but the Moto G is a better deal IMO

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
If I stay with VZW, I'll probably get the Samsung S4 or LG G2 unless Amazon has a good deal on the S5

The only other unlocked phones I can find are BLU, but the Moto G is a better deal IMO

If T-Mobile has good coverage in your area, I'd say jump on that moto g 2014, or if you can find a good deal on a moto x 2013 do that. You can't go wrong

Posted via Moto G
R.I.P My Cyanogenmod S4 :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary