Anyone using Moto G 2nd Gen on Straight Talk?

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Got a friend that old phone is busted and I recommended the new Moto G ( US GSM version) . Only she wants to keep it on Straight Talk and I need to be 100% positive that it works there first since she is a little paranoid getting a phone that isn't sold by Straight Talk.

Anyone out there using the US GSM Moto G (2014) on Straight Talk?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Got a friend that old phone is busted and I recommended the new Moto G ( US GSM version) . Only she wants to keep it on Straight Talk and I need to be 100% positive that it works there first since she is a little paranoid getting a phone that isn't sold by Straight Talk.

Anyone out there using the US GSM Moto G (2014) on Straight Talk?

As long as its unlocked and you have the correct APN settings then you should be good to go. Also note you only get H+ On the newest version of the Moto G 14'.

Ryan Abate

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Moto G 2nd Gen on Straight talk for the last 3 weeks and I've had no problems. So glad I've finally cut my wireless bill in half. Phone cost will be paid for in 5 months with the savings.

IGoDur6

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same situation lol. My phone is looking to get a better phone and I turned him towards the new Moto G also. His problem looks to be that he already has Straight Talk but he has a CDMA Sim Card and I know the Moto G doesn't use that network. Anyone have any ideas what he could do?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
First off CDMA phones only have a Sim card if they are 4G LTE capable because 4G LTE networks run on gsm only not cdma, and all he has to do is buy a straight talk Sim card compatible with the moto g and have his account switched over to that Sim card and set up the APN settings and he should be good to go!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

PA_Of_Ohio

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by "you had to buy a kit"? I am in a similar situation, deciding to get Moto G Gen 2 US GSM or GLOBAL GSM. I rather get the Global so I am conducting a lot of research on different forums as this one.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The "kit" is a package containing a new SIM and a $45 one month subscription. Part of the BYOD promotion and available at Walmart or online.

Alyvia167

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
So im in the same situation kinda. I bought this Moto g off from a friend and she told me it wS straighttalk so I called the straight talk number off my phone and asked them if I could put my straight talk minutes in that phone well they said a Moto g isn't a straight talk phone and I called four times and four different people said it wasn't striaghttalk so I asked the girl I bought it off from if it was straight talk and how I can use it and she said get a SIM card but I have no idea which card to get, and I need to know before buying a SIM card that it will let me use it as a straight talk please help

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
So im in the same situation kinda. I bought this Moto g off from a friend and she told me it wS straighttalk so I called the straight talk number off my phone and asked them if I could put my straight talk minutes in that phone well they said a Moto g isn't a straight talk phone and I called four times and four different people said it wasn't striaghttalk so I asked the girl I bought it off from if it was straight talk and how I can use it and she said get a SIM card but I have no idea which card to get, and I need to know before buying a SIM card that it will let me use it as a straight talk please help

You just need to get a Straight Talk Micro-SIM

Leo Nardo2

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yep bought the byo phone activation kit at Walmart and got the nano card with it and its now working on my moto x 2nd generation. 60 bucks and u get a month plan with it for 45 of those $. Chest

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira