Got a friend that old phone is busted and I recommended the new Moto G ( US GSM version) . Only she wants to keep it on Straight Talk and I need to be 100% positive that it works there first since she is a little paranoid getting a phone that isn't sold by Straight Talk.

Anyone out there using the US GSM Moto G (2014) on Straight Talk?
    10-05-2014 01:12 PM
    My wife and I have straight talk and she uses a moto g. Just need to change the APN settings.

Posted via Android Central App
    Shilohcane likes this.
    10-05-2014 05:34 PM
    Got a friend that old phone is busted and I recommended the new Moto G ( US GSM version) . Only she wants to keep it on Straight Talk and I need to be 100% positive that it works there first since she is a little paranoid getting a phone that isn't sold by Straight Talk.

Anyone out there using the US GSM Moto G (2014) on Straight Talk?
    As long as its unlocked and you have the correct APN settings then you should be good to go. Also note you only get H+ On the newest version of the Moto G 14'.
    Shilohcane likes this.
    10-06-2014 07:35 AM
    I'm using the Moto G 2nd Gen on Straight talk for the last 3 weeks and I've had no problems. So glad I've finally cut my wireless bill in half. Phone cost will be paid for in 5 months with the savings.
    10-16-2014 01:38 PM
    I'm in the same situation lol. My phone is looking to get a better phone and I turned him towards the new Moto G also. His problem looks to be that he already has Straight Talk but he has a CDMA Sim Card and I know the Moto G doesn't use that network. Anyone have any ideas what he could do?
    10-16-2014 09:56 PM
    First off CDMA phones only have a Sim card if they are 4G LTE capable because 4G LTE networks run on gsm only not cdma, and all he has to do is buy a straight talk Sim card compatible with the moto g and have his account switched over to that Sim card and set up the APN settings and he should be good to go!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2014 06:53 PM
    I am using the Moto G Global GSM I bought online. I had to buy a kit with the sim card but it is working great.
    12-27-2014 11:29 AM
    What do you mean by "you had to buy a kit"? I am in a similar situation, deciding to get Moto G Gen 2 US GSM or GLOBAL GSM. I rather get the Global so I am conducting a lot of research on different forums as this one.
    12-29-2014 05:51 AM
    The "kit" is a package containing a new SIM and a $45 one month subscription. Part of the BYOD promotion and available at Walmart or online.
    12-29-2014 09:27 PM
    So im in the same situation kinda. I bought this Moto g off from a friend and she told me it wS straighttalk so I called the straight talk number off my phone and asked them if I could put my straight talk minutes in that phone well they said a Moto g isn't a straight talk phone and I called four times and four different people said it wasn't striaghttalk so I asked the girl I bought it off from if it was straight talk and how I can use it and she said get a SIM card but I have no idea which card to get, and I need to know before buying a SIM card that it will let me use it as a straight talk please help
    02-16-2015 11:02 AM
    So im in the same situation kinda. I bought this Moto g off from a friend and she told me it wS straighttalk so I called the straight talk number off my phone and asked them if I could put my straight talk minutes in that phone well they said a Moto g isn't a straight talk phone and I called four times and four different people said it wasn't striaghttalk so I asked the girl I bought it off from if it was straight talk and how I can use it and she said get a SIM card but I have no idea which card to get, and I need to know before buying a SIM card that it will let me use it as a straight talk please help
    You just need to get a Straight Talk Micro-SIM
    02-16-2015 12:53 PM
    This link will provide the information you want without having to talk to Straight Talk.

Straight Talk ::: Bring Your Own Phone ::: Keep everything you love
    02-16-2015 05:40 PM
    Yep bought the byo phone activation kit at Walmart and got the nano card with it and its now working on my moto x 2nd generation. 60 bucks and u get a month plan with it for 45 of those $. Chest
    04-29-2015 10:42 PM