Hi, i have MOTO G 8 GB phone, it is under warranty. and when i look it's storage , it is showing me 5.5 GB available. and in 8 GB phone we all know there is no support for SD CARD . i know rest of the memory is for system and system apps, but how can i expand it is memory ? should i root my moto g to use the full memory , i mean there are lots of apps in the system which can not be uninstalled . and after rooting me phone should i install any custom ROM so that , i got more memory available?
    please anyone guides me?
    11-08-2014 11:00 PM
    Hi, i have MOTO G 8 GB phone, it is under warranty. and when i look it's storage , it is showing me 5.5 GB available. and in 8 GB phone we all know there is no support for SD CARD . i know rest of the memory is for system and system apps, but how can i expand it is memory ? should i root my moto g to use the full memory
    Rooting adds 3 files, so you'll have a little less available storage.

i mean there are lots of apps in the system which can not be uninstalled .
    And if you root and uninstall the wrong one, the phone stops working.

and after rooting me phone should i install any custom ROM
    You root the ROM that's currently in the phone. If you install another ROM, the rooting you did to the stock ROM goes away with the rest of the ROM. (But almost all custom ROMS are already rooted.) So rooting, then installing a custom ROM is a waste of time (the time you spent rooting the ROM you're replacing).

Since you should already be backing everything (including your apps and their data), you can uninstall or delete (uninstall apps, delete files) that you don't need every day, and reinstall them from the backup when you need them.
    11-08-2014 11:27 PM
    Try using an USB storage OnTheGo. It works fine for music, photos, ... The cable is very cheap and easy to find and any pen drive will do.

With just 8gb you must have a routine clearing space: cache, SMS, whatsapp chats, photos, video ... Use some app like Drive, G+, Dropbox ... to backup your data and free space in the phone.

Disabling apps that you don't use will help a bit, in performance, battery use and space.
    11-09-2014 08:55 AM