Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 OTA USA

Yes, I am getting my device is up to date message, and using the Motorola device manager is no different. Oh well, I guess I will have to forget about it for awhile. I thought Motorola was rolling the update out for all 2nd gen Moto G's that were unlocked in the US.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Same for me. Bought the phone at the local BB about 2 weeks ago, which was after the Lollipop was announced by Moto. Never received the OTA and the Moto Device Manager software says it's up to date.

helspawn

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Android 5.0 Lollipop for Moto G 2 ota in india?

Hey..

Has anyone recd the ota for moto g 2 in india?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Same for me. Bought the phone at the local BB about 2 weeks ago, which was after the Lollipop was announced by Moto. Never received the OTA and the Moto Device Manager software says it's up to date.

They are working the fix to the memory management bug into the L update, likely delaying it

Alan Watson1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Make sure that you have downloaded all updates from the playstore. I believe one of the updates is for the motorola update app that allows it to update to 5.0

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Make sure that you have downloaded all updates from the playstore. I believe one of the updates is for the motorola update app that allows it to update to 5.0

That update that was posted on the front page of a few sites was for the 2013 model, not ours. Still a good idea to make sure everything in the Play Store is updated, but that 'Motorola Update Services' doesn't affect our 2014 phones.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Moto G 2014 Lollipop System Update to 22.21.16

I just received a system update to 5.0 Lollipop bringing the version to 22.21.16, don't know what it did yet but hopefully it fixes some of the bugs I've noticed since moving up to lollipop.

Posted via Android Central App

smchambers56

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G 2014 Lollipop System Update to 22.21.16

Still at 22.11.6 what kind of issues were you having?

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

My biggest were the memory management issue where apps would crash and then an issue with Bluetooth car audio sounding sped up/warped until id reboot the phone. So far it seems snappier and no redraws/crashes having multiple apps open, more responsive than the first ota 5.0 update but i haven't really pushed my phone much today and ha ent been on Bluetooth to see if that issue is gone.

dannycode8

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Is there a OTA update file to download so that i can manually update the phone.??!

Godzilla007

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
why i'm not getting the 5.0 update on my Moto G 2014 Dual SIM

hey everybody,

i read a release note from Motorola saying that the 5.0 update is rolling out. and also a news came out on android central that the update started to roll out to users in India.

why i'm not getting the update. i tried from the phone and even through MDM (Motorola Device Manager), nothing at all.

could the reason be the DUAL SIM model still didn't get the update, did anyone who uses the Dual SIM get the 5.0 update ??

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: why i'm not getting the 5.0 update on my Moto G 2014 Dual SIM

Updates are rolled out in phases. I'd give it a few more days. Periodically check for software updates to see if anything is available.

AO12834

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: why i'm not getting the 5.0 update on my Moto G 2014 Dual SIM

I have the single Sim version and I still didn't get the update. Its been 3+ weeks I have been waiting now

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
How long do I wait

How long do I wait for android 5 update before I start to worry if I will ever get it and start to chase it up with the powers that be. Not that I'm being impatient. BUT.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

My biggest were the memory management issue where apps would crash and then an issue with Bluetooth car audio sounding sped up/warped until id reboot the phone. So far it seems snappier and no redraws/crashes having multiple apps open, more responsive than the first ota 5.0 update but i haven't really pushed my phone much today and ha ent been on Bluetooth to see if that issue is gone.

Can you please comment on any improvement on the RAM issue? Are apps force closing, is RAM at critical levels, etc?

rubab

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: How long do I wait

How long do I wait for android 5 update before I start to worry if I will ever get it and start to chase it up with the powers that be. Not that I'm being impatient. BUT.

Wait another 6 months and you will get the update for sure.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How long do I wait

As the great philosopher John McEnroe once said " you can not be serious ". I thought Motorola was going to he quick.