Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

AO12834

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
1 week and no lollipop in U.S.

Anyone have any info on when I will get it, its been almost a week since it was released..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 1 week and no lollipop in U.S.

Any major system update will roll out over several weeks, so not getting it after 1 week is completely normal. I have a Nexus 5, and didn't get it until 6 days after the release date (by which time most Nexus owners were already foaming at the mouth due to the wait time). I would recommend just sitting tight and be patient, if you want to install it OTA.

smchambers56

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Did you try side loading from the moto app I posted the URL in the thread you posted your screenshot.

Posted via the Android Central App

AO12834

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

Nvm, I already tried but we only macs and the app isn't updated for the latest os so it doesn't work

rubab

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0

I'm guessing those people were referring to the soak test and not the actual update.

What is the version number of the actual update and how can I know which is the soak test version and which is the Final/Actual update?

smchambers56

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

The message on your screenshot looks more like an error, not that you have the latest. Do you know anyone with a PC? Have you tried connecting to a different Wi-Fi? Maybe backup and reset to factory?

AO12834

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

I already reset, but I'm not going to go through the trouble of finding someone with a PC, I will just be patient

illuminerdi

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto G (2nd Gen): 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

2014 Unlocked Pure edition here - had it for about a week, still no update for me despite reports from places like Ars that indicate the update should be available for everyone with unlocked/pure ed.

What gives? I keep furiously checking for updates every few hours and nothing...I've even tried connecting to my computer and using the Motorola Device Manager but it too says there are no updates.

Anyone else run into this? So frustrated - really want to jump to 5.0...

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G (2nd Gen): 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

You are not alone. Nothing is wrong. Same issue for me on my Moto 2013 with the 444 update. Lots of folks got it, I did not. Thought something was broken and after a week or two of waiting boom it just showed up one day. So it will arrive but no good way to predict in my opinion.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
How are over the air updates (i.e., Android L, etc.) transmitted?

Is it WiFi, cell signal, or both that is required to get and install an update?

For example, if I have a new unlocked phone direct from Motorola with no carrier SIM card installed yet (just until I have time to activate), could a software update still be possible since it is connected to WiFi?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How are over the air updates (i.e., Android L, etc.) transmitted?

Hi there. OTA updates are transmitted in all sorts of ways, depending on the carrier and manufacturer.

If your phone comes from a manufacturer, it can usually be downloaded via WiFi or mobile data. Carriers might limit their updates to their own networks, but usually they do allow using WiFi as long as you have an active SIM with said carrier.

However, sometimes due to size, security or stability issues, some updates are limited to WiFi or to a tethered connection if available (for instance, some Samsung updates require you to download the update to your computer using Kies and then installing it via USB).

In your case, you should be able to download the update since your phone is factory-unlocked and not carrier branded.

Dubois34

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Android 5.0 OTA USA

Just wondering if anyone in the US has gotten the OTA update on their 2nd gen Moto G? I am still waiting and I am thinking possibly the update got pulled for our phone. Any one have any insight into this. Motorola announced a couple of weeks ago or more that the Moto G was getting the update.

smchambers56

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 OTA USA

I got it the day it became available. I was not part of the soak test. Are you getting the message that your device software is up to date? Or are you getting another message. Have you tried downloading the moto update tool on your pc?

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 OTA USA

I got it the day it became available. I was not part of the soak test. Are you getting the message that your device software is up to date? Or are you getting another message. Have you tried downloading the moto update tool on your pc?

What's the moto update tool?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12