Moto G (second generation): Lollipop is coming

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Has anyone updated OTA to 5.0 yet?

I called Motorola and they said that it comes out on the 22 but YouTube shows that allot of people have it already and I am wondering if it was a over the air update or if they side loaded it. I am just wondering if anyone has received the (lollipop) update directly from Motorola

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Could you please clarify what they told you? Are you saying Lollipop is being released for the US GSM Moto G 2014 (XT1064)
on Dec 22?

Posted via the Android Central App

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G 2014 Lollipop System Update to 22.21.16

Thanks. This is the first time someone got such a clear answer with dates. Hope the customer rep knew what he/she was talking about 😂

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

That is exactly what I was told one time from only one representative another one told me to call att so I did and att said that they were responsible for the update..... They point fingers at each other and make me feel like a middle man! But each rep. I talk to sounds so positive about what they say is true but what they say compromises all the others! But these are my steps to get all the info. 1. frustration 2. Phone through 3. scream!!!! 4. calm down 5. Call again.......

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

That is exactly what I was told one time from only one representative another one told me to call att so I did and att said that they were responsible for the update..... They point fingers at each other and make me feel like a middle man! But each rep. I talk to sounds so positive about what they say is true but what they say compromises all the others! But these are my steps to get all the info. 1. frustration 2. Phone through 3. scream!!!! 4. calm down 5. Call again.......

This isn't an AT&T branded phone so the update won't come from them. It'll come directly from Motorola either OTA or when connecting to your PC and using the Motorola Device Manager software.

Like shchambers56 said, it came out OTA and some people did receive it. However, Moto pulled it and it hasn't formerly been available since. We are all hoping it'll either be 5.0.1 whenever it's released or at least have the memory bug fixed that some experience if they do lots of concurrently running background apps.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Moto G 2014 5.0.1 (22.21.25) Update

Just received this update to 5.0.1, don't know what this brings to the table to the Moto G 2014 edition since the last update made this phone finally stable... More stability? let's see what this one brings!

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Do you know if it will be available for Moto G (2014) in Canada as well? I checked on Motorola Canada website and it said waiting for service provider...status has been like this for weeks, and the service provider (WIND Mobile) has no knowledge when it will be available :(

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

I haven't asked about any other countries so far sorry

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G 2014 5.0.1 (22.21.25) Update

Just received this update to 5.0.1, don't know what this brings to the table to the Moto G 2014 edition since the last update made this phone finally stable... More stability? let's see what this one brings!

Posted via Android Central App

Any feedback on the new update? How is the phone performing? How is battery life, etc?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

The Moto Device Manager does not install proper on my Windows 8.1 PC. How many things can Moto get wrong...ugh.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

I cab install it but the icon never appears in my system tray. After I plug in my phone nothing happens. Also tried to manually launch it. Guess if there is no update it does not matter. But it is a but frustrating.

mrogers07

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site

This isn't an AT&T branded phone so the update won't come from them. It'll come directly from Motorola either OTA or when connecting to your PC and using the Motorola Device Manager software.

So that means I have to wait even longer since I bought mine unlocked from Amazon but use it as an AT&T GoPhone? :(

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

So that means I have to wait even longer since I bought mine unlocked from Amazon but use it as an AT&T GoPhone? :(

The opposite actually. Moto will release it when it's ready for us who are still on 4.4.4. You would get it sooner than if AT&T was involved.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
But if you have a att Sim card inside your phone att aproves the update to make sure the new coding doesn't interfere with cellular connections and that makes the update come to you a few day laterbecyase they go through all the coding for the tower connections and GPS also

neogodless

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G (2nd Gen): 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

If I understand correctly, this was a TEMPORARY soak test, yes? And Lollipop is not widely available for the 2014 Moto G US GSM phone yet?

I feel like maybe I'm taking crazy pills because I have a basic UNLOCKED retail 2014 Moto G (US GSM) and I still am not able to get the update... but lots of blog posts and forum posts say "hey, it's out!"

neogodless

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

Ah finally some sense - I kept finding (abandoned) blog posts and forum threads saying Android 5.0 was available for the 2014 Moto G. But that was temporary, and we're still waiting for the wide release at this point. Anyone have any luck yet?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

But if you have a att Sim card inside your phone att aproves the update to make sure the new coding doesn't interfere with cellular connections and that makes the update come to you a few day laterbecyase they go through all the coding for the tower connections and GPS also

What? You think that if I happen to have an AT&T SIM in my Moto G, that AT&T is going to somehow get in the way and delay an update to an unlocked phone?

EDIT: If you have branded AT&T phone, then yes, I agree that AT&T will do their thing after Moto is done and then they release it. But we have non carrier branded phones. The existence of an AT&T SIM in my phone will not delay getting an update from Moto directly.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781