I have a Motorola moto g 4g i am very satified with it besides one little problem. Everytime I watch a streaming video on the device it stops the video every few seconds. I see in the config of my wifi accesspoint (Ubiquity unifi pro) my mobile in power saving mode almost all the time. I searched many forums and websites about this problem but no one has the answer how to disable the wifi power saving option.

My wife has a Samsung galaxy 3s mini with this device I did fix it by entering a code into the telephone dialer *#0011# and then disable wifi power save but this does not work in my Moto G.
    11-24-2014 05:51 PM
    You can uncheck the "WiFi optimisation" in settings - WiFi - three dots bottom right corner - advanced.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-24-2014 06:15 PM
    Thank you Javier P,

I tested that setting before and now again to be absolutely sure it doesn´t disable the power saving mode and it doesn´t. I disconnected the Moto G in my accesspoint config I disabled and enabled wifi on the moto g so it would connect again and again it goes in power saving mode right away and stays in PSM sadely enough.
    11-24-2014 06:50 PM
    I haven't used those special dial codes that you commented. I read that it's a bit risky and they change from time to time, and some of them don't work with some brands. Maybe in the Moto G you could do that through the main menu instead of using that code for network signal.

Google for "hidden menu dial Moto G" and be careful

Not much help from here. Good luck.
    11-25-2014 07:45 AM
    Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

I am trying to get RSSI values to report back when the screen is switched off. This seems to be a power saving problem as I do not have any issues on a Nexus 5.
    01-07-2015 04:57 AM