My Moto G(XT1063) started showing this voice call related problem. Whenever I talked with someone, the person on the other end of the phone heard his own voice along with my voice. In other words the front mic was picking up the sound from the speaker and sending it back.

So whenever I spoke, the other person hears his own voice and my voice. I didn't know about this problem for a month because from my end their is no problem and I can hear everything clearly. When everyone got annoyed and told me I realized that it is a really bad problem.

I used "Factory Reset" and it didn't work. I cleared cache and still it didn't work.

I even flashed my stock firmware and still it didn't fix the problem. Lastly when I used a "Headphone with Mic" I saw that this problem didn't happen. So I am now sure that the problem is with the Mic.

Did anyone face similar problem and can you kindly suggest what else can I do to fix this?
    12-06-2014 09:49 PM
    That seems to be a common problem with some Motorola phones, and it's due to the acoustic path designed into the phone. Try turning the volume down a little when you're on a phone call. (This happens when designers design pretty cases and acoustic engineers aren't required to check whether the design is practical from an acoustic standpoint. Bell Labs had a whole department to make sure that their telephone designs didn't have this problem [I believe the Princess phone originally did, before they redesigned it].)
    rubab likes this.
    12-07-2014 12:59 AM
    That seems to be a common problem with some Motorola phones, and it's due to the acoustic path designed into the phone. Try turning the volume down a little when you're on a phone call. (This happens when designers design pretty cases and acoustic engineers aren't required to check whether the design is practical from an acoustic standpoint. Bell Labs had a whole department to make sure that their telephone designs didn't have this problem [I believe the Princess phone originally did, before they redesigned it].)
    So you are saying other than getting a replacement their is no way to fix this problem?
    12-07-2014 04:54 AM