Hi, I have a Motorola Moto G (Android version: 4.4.4). I have connected it to my E Class 250 inbuilt car Bluetooth. I can make and receive calls, my text messages show up on the inbuilt Bluetooth screen.

Issues is my contacts do not import onto the inbuilt car Bluetooth... I have searched everywhere on this in both the car and on the mobile with no luck. I know a few work colleagues who are experiencing the same issue on there cars.

FYI my car is a 2012 model.

My previous mobile was a Samsung Galaxy 3... had no issues with this.

Can anyone advise me please.
    01-06-2015 05:09 PM
    It's possible that the Moto G doesn't have the Bluetooth profile needed by the car to import contacts. Bluetooth isn't a single thing - each function (media audio, media video, phone calls, controls, etc. - requires a different set of instructions in the Bluetooth software (a different profile).
    01-06-2015 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So if that is the case how do I fix it?
    01-06-2015 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply. So if that is the case how do I fix it?
    Maybe try these:

http://androidforums.com/threads/tra...to-car.253858/

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-07-2015 01:01 PM
    thanks for this. My Phone is connected to the Bluetooth, the issue is the contacts have not exported to the car Bluetooth..... I am guessing it is an issue with the phone.....
    01-07-2015 05:33 PM
    thanks for this. My Phone is connected to the Bluetooth, the issue is the contacts have not exported to the car Bluetooth..... I am guessing it is an issue with the phone.....
    Did you try the .vcf file method as noted in the first link? You can login to your gmail account on a PC to export all contacts to a .vcf file. Then try to upload the file....though not sure of the step for your car.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-08-2015 10:16 PM
    Unpair/re-pair using the procedure listed in your car/phone manual.Ensure the device is removed on phone and car-kit.

Please be sure, on the pairing, to accept the PBAP request (if not, you will not get contacts synced). Also check the box "don't ask again" so you don't have to do it each time.

If you can't sync contacts on the phone with your carkit.Please use the following procedure to set up contacts properly (this is how contacts works for exporting/syncing - regardless of over BT or other method ):

1. Open the People application from the menu to bring up your contacts
    2. Open the menu on the bottom right corner
    3. Select "Contacts to display"
    4. Select "Customize"
    5. Select the Google account(s) that you sync with and check-mark "My Contacts"
    6. When finished select OK.
    7. Connect to your car and check if the contacts are downloaded.
    01-21-2015 05:51 AM