Why is my Moto G2 2014 (India) taking so long to charge and has a really bad 3g reception?

Sahilsn

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Moto G2 2014 (India): Horrible battery, equally bad 3g reception

The phone takes 4 hours to get charged, which I have never heard of for a phone. Also the battery backup is quite poor too.

Plus the phone only asks for our preference between 3g and 2g and finds it difficult to connect to 3g even if that mode is selected. Why can't they provide an option to remain in the 3g option only, just like HTC does?
Also 3g mode is a battery-guzzler. Seems like this phone was not supposed to be used for 3g

Are others facing these problems too?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto G2 2014 (India): Horrible battery, equally bad 3g reception

Post your battery stats

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto G2 2014 (India): Horrible battery, equally bad 3g reception

The phone generally comes with a 500mA charger, so if the battery is very low 3 to 4 hours it's completely normal for a full charge.

Battery life should be good and give you 4 hours SOT with no problem. Well, everything depends on your use, of course, and 3g is going to need more battery juice than 2g.

When you select 3g as "preferred network type" it should keep it that way every time your network allows it.

I use 3g in my dual chip and it only changes to E in areas covered just with 2g or when my network is having some kind of problem.

As dpham00 said, there's no way to know if you are having battery problems until you post some screenshots (processes, history details, screen on time, ...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton