Why does my WIFI have a exclamation mark next to it?

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Just got upgraded to 5.0.2, cannot figure out why the exclamation mark, everything seems to be working fine, and this is my own home network. How to get rid of it..?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
As far as i understood, there might be some problem with my ISP.. But my laptop is connected to the same network, its working fine, my phone is working fine too, no problems no issues, its just that there is that exclamation mark...
My mobile data is turned off, so its not using any of that, still the mark is there... now what?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried forgetting the network and re-adding it? I think it might be running a test that it's failing. Maybe your 'overall' experience won't change but there might be a port that's being blocked or non-accessible for special phone stuff?

I wish they hadn't just come up with an icon and rather add a description that you could access to figure out WHAT is wrong with the connection.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, icons piling up :(

According to my Android guru, the exclamation mark means no Internet connection or some issue with a connection that it's attempting, and the star means 'Priority Notifications'.

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Atleast the star is decoded then... Please post here if you find anything regarding the exclamation mark.
and, do you know anything about missing album art...?? im using google play music.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As for the missing album art it seems that it affects some, but not all... it's weird. Some people could fix it by just clearing Play Music's cache, rebooting, and let it re-build the album art Database, you could try that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think the exclamation mark means the same thing the orange colour meant in kitkat. WiFi is On and you're connected to your router but the phone can't access the Google servers.

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I can connect to everything, there is no connectivity problems. Its just that the exclamation mark is bugging me. As far as i understand if it cannot connect to google servers as you're saying, that means i wouldn't have been able to connect to the internet only? Can you clarify please...??

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a ton..!! I followed Step1 and it worked. Could you please post the XDA link here, in case anyone has the same query and wants to do it themselves? Many Many thanks!

saurabhjha

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Just got upgraded to 5.0.2, cannot figure out why the exclamation mark, everything seems to be working fine, and this is my own home network. How to get rid of it..?

I have got a solution for that issue.For that first of all u have to switch off the WiFi on your phone after that switch mobile data on and let it connect to the network properly after getting that E or H sign on the network now you have to switch on the WiFi and there you go exclamation mark on the WiFi will be gone.For this both mobile data and WiFi should be Switched on on your phone.I have tested this with my phone.Enjoy....

DinoME

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I had done all of those as you can already see from the conversation but the exclamation mark has reappeared for me, see if it happens for your phone too. Im a bit busy these days, will post and try to find out a solution when possible. If you find anything please do post here.

Auro_m

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi my Moto G Gen 1 was facing some problems with my home wifi (like being connected but internet not working) with kitkat. But this was solvable since I just turned the wifi off and on on my phone. Now, since I have upgraded to Lollipop, the problem seems to be unsolvable. I couldn't connect properly so I tried forgetting my home network. After forgetting the network, I cant seem to catch my home wifi again. It wont even show up on my phone. Tried deleting all saved networks but still wont work. Its working fine on my other phone and on my laptop but somehow moto G lollipop doesnt pick up the wifi connection at all. Tried changing the SSiD of the wifi as well ! Please help !!

Vineet Aggarwal

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I clicked on 'forget connection' in mistake - and now my internet name is not reflecting even after refreshing the list of available networks. I tried adding manually also - but it did not recognize

As far as I recall, the + sign and the arrows (circular patten) are not showing at the bottom of the 'add network' screen, so I manually tried the 'add network' from the menu

Pls URGENTLY :(help as my other devices are connected and working ok with this SSID

Regards
Vineet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel