Why does my WIFI have a exclamation mark next to it?

Jay Shah9

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys i'm a moto user i face the same problem i see a exclamation mark even if im connected to wifi i am able use the internet and browse everything please help

Jay Shah9

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello DinoME glad that you problem is solved. now im facing the same problem i'm able to connect to internet and browse everything check my emails etc., but still the exclamation marks doesn't go. Please can you post the procedure you followed by which you resolved the problem

Arun Gupta3

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same problem ( Moto G lolipop , got it fixed, follow below steps
Restart your phone -> settings -> Select Sim Card -> Mobile Data ( Disable it )

OneEarth2

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I used to have both these problems on my Moto G 2nd gen (disappearing music art and disconnected Wifi with !) after updating to Lollipop. Eventually I just factory reset my phone, re-updated to Android L with no 3rd party apps installed, trimmed the fat out of my app list, and I've never gotten either issue since then. I figure it could've been a software conflict that my procedure accidentally fixed.

Muddu

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i tried forgetting the wifi and again reconnecting it, but it didn't. It is bothering me so much and why not those software companies developers and experts come out with this solutions. Ex: Mobile companies software developer and researcher.

Muddu

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i am using a public wifi, it works well for everyone, but as i updated to 5.0.2 the exclamation mark is displaying even when it is already connected, but not working, also there is a status as "limited connectivity" below the connected wifi name. Please share your knowledge in this regard.

William2805

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Also struggling... I have a Xperia Z3 and no matter what I try it still shows the exclamation mark... Tried changing the channel, changed from 2.4GHz to 5. Tried procedure 1 on the provided link but nothing works...

Anthony Vossman

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
For me, the problem seems to come from the system trying to handle multiple signal sources, because when I have both wi-fi and cellular data enabled, I get exclamation marks on both the wi-fi and cell-bar icons. So when I am home, where my router is always on, I turn off my cellular data (in data settings) and rely strictly on the wi-fi signal. I do the same if I am using a strong wi-fi signal elsewhere. I only enable cell data when I actually need it and have no decent wi-fi available. The exclamation marks on my Moto-g/ Android 5.02 don't seem to signify a serious problem (because I still get internet, even with the exclamation marks) - but it seems to mean that there is some struggling going on within the operating system as far as deciding on a proper signal source. My guess is that some of these apps on my phone aren't properly coded for handling background data via multiple signal sources. So when you see exclamation marks, just disable your cellular (i.e., mobile) data transfer and re-connect your Wi-Fi (or vice-versa). The exclamation marks should disappear if you are limiting your signal source to one or the other. Just keep a link to your system settings on the home screen, and the switch just takes a couple of taps.

popeyoni

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
According to a page in the motorola website:

Exclamation sign shown with WiFi connection - The exclamation point is shown when the WiFi signal is determined to be of lower quality; if there is no exclamation point the signal is higher quality. Internet access can still take place when the explanation point is showing.

(sorry, this site won't let me post links until I have 10 posts).

Muddassir Ali

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the similar issue where the exclamation mark showed and no internet connectivity. To resolve it, I changed my WiFi Bank from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz. The phone connected and the exclamation went away. I changed the band back to 2.4Ghz and the phone remained connected with internet connectivity.

laurac1

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
well my husband phone had same thing didnt realize i blocked him that is y u prob had a exclamation mark next to ur wifi thing..i unblocked him and its gone....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy