Best durable case?

James Leaper

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Snagged a new moto g 2nd gen yesterday and was wondering what the best case for it is in terms of fit and durability? Was looking along the lines of a lifeproof or otterbox defender style but there doesn't seem to be much out there for the 2nd gen..

cheers

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The Otterbox Defender isn't waterproof, but other than that it's not only durable, it makes the phone durable. I've dropped mine a few times already (on a heavier phone - the Note 3) and the back got dirty. Lifeproof is also a good case (a few friends have them), but I prefer a belt holster.

Also check Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) Cases - ShopAndroid

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Snagged a new moto g 2nd gen yesterday and was wondering what the best case for it is in terms of fit and durability? Was looking along the lines of a lifeproof or otterbox defender style but there doesn't seem to be much out there for the 2nd gen..

cheers

Check amazon and ebay. Tons of heavy duty cheap cases. Avoid cell phone stores and the mall.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Otter box defender on mine. I work in construction 5 days a week, and it has held up great. I drop my phone off a ladder almost every day, and not a scratch or crack anywhere. the otter box is starting to show some wear, but no fitment issues. Just the rubber starting to peel because I dripped CPVC glue on it.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Otter box defender on mine. I work in construction 5 days a week, and it has held up great. I drop my phone off a ladder almost every day, and not a scratch or crack anywhere. the otter box is starting to show some wear, but no fitment issues. Just the rubber starting to peel because I dripped CPVC glue on it.

I don't think that Otterbox makes a case for the second generation G. I wish they did, had one on my 2013 G and was pleased.

Zay92

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that Otterbox makes a case for the second generation G. I wish they did, had one on my 2013 G and was pleased.

They do you have search amazon for it cause they don't show it on their site.. I know cause I was going to get it but I bought the incipio case off Motorola before I knew about it

Posted via the Android Central App