My G2 is facing severe lagging/crashing issues especially in Subway Surfers, Temple Run2, WeChat and Whatsapp. These are my four most used apps, and hence my irritation. Need to confirm if any other user is facing this problem and a possible solution.
    02-10-2015 09:53 AM
    I have run into a issue where there were to many background apps running and it restarted the phone automatically. But that has only happened 3 times in the past couple of months

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-10-2015 09:57 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I instantly close whatever apps im opening except mail and whatsapp. Other than that if the phone is doing something in the background then i have no clue of it. I use cleanmaster which temporarily gives a breather but then the problem is back again (and then also its not like the problem is gone, just less of lag). Really looking for a solution!!
    02-10-2015 10:05 AM
    I would suggest completly factory data resetting it, and if the problem still is persistent then file a warranty claim.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-10-2015 12:26 PM
    If you upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop without doing a factory reset, it might be best to do a reset now. With such a significant update there can be quirks, especially with the switch from Dalvik to ART
    02-10-2015 06:11 PM
    Thanks for your reply jason. I do not understand the technicalities of Dalvik and Art, but wont resetting it mean that i have to download L and setup the whole thing all from scratch...?
    02-10-2015 07:38 PM
    Redownload lollipop no. But start from scratch yes unless you move tour music and pictures and contacts to your SD card or back it all up online somehow then you will have something to start out with instead of just scratch

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, Samsung Tab Pro 12.2, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, and HTC vivid
    02-10-2015 08:05 PM
    Can you like pass on a link or something, I dont want my whatsapp and wechat data to go away, how do i backup that and my contacts should automatically be there right after i sign in again....? Im as old on android as g2 is :P
    02-10-2015 08:10 PM
    Both whatsapp and wechat have built in back-up functions. You just need to go into the settings for each app and there will be options to create backups and restore backups. And as long as your contacts are linked with your Google account they will come back automatically.
    02-11-2015 08:13 AM
    Ill do this when i get a bit of time, also could you tell me if this would bring back the album arts to the play music (default) thing.... Im missing them badly!
    02-11-2015 11:21 AM
    So sorry guys, was caught up in a few things couldn't update. Anyways here it goes, i backed up my whatsapp and wechat data on my sd card, and formatted/reset it. Then installed apps one by one again, whatsapp dint back up conversations, and i dont know why it dint ( some help on this would be great). The second and the gravest thing that hapenned is my phone died. The first time it hapenned was on friday, morning i got up to find that my phone wasn't switching on (though it was on charge the whole nite). Went to work, kept it connected to the usb the whole day, nothing, came home and plugged it in the charger (stock), then returned from dinner, mistakenly pressed the power button and the notification led blinked. After sometime the screen came to power and the display had 0% charge on it. Charged, everything good, running okay (still lagging a bit). Sunday morning, same thing, phone wasn't on charge this time for the whole night, but in the morning phone wouldn't turn on. Whole day gone, at night after dinner, it turned on again by pressing the power key and the volume down button for two minutes. Let it go that time also, thought wont happen again. TODAY, at work, charging on usb, (65%+ charge), i was using the phone and all of a sudden the screen froze for 5 seconds and till now it wont turn on. Thinking about going to the service centre. Any help/solutions/suggestions ...Please feel free....
    02-17-2015 10:40 AM