Just wanted to ask my fellow Moto G owners if you guys use a case on your device. I vary between using a tpu case and going caseless, and have a tempered glass screen protector installed. The first few months I had the phone, I went naked and it got dinged up on the edges. (Clumsy me + shallow pockets). So what about you guys? Case? Screen protector? How is the condition of your moto g right now?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-13-2015 01:43 PM
    Different phone, but Otterbox Defender. Never used a naked phone since before Smartphones. (I tripped and threw my StarTAC across a wet blacktop parking lot. If you use a magnifying glass and a strong light, you can still see where one of the "grain" lines got "sanded" flat. They don't make phones like that any more.) So Otterbox Defender and belt holster.

Tempered glass. Almost scratch-proof. (Carbide particles will still gouge canyons in it.) Terrible if you drop the phone onto a pebble, screen-first. The protector will survive, the screen won't.
    02-15-2015 12:05 AM
    I am using a generic otter box case on my moto g it is a fosmon case look it up on amazon it looks good and feels good in the hand but only fownside I have found is it is extremely hard to take a screenshot with this case and the buttons and hard to press and see (several times I have had people look at my phone like it was a brick they would always ask how do you turn a phone with no buttons on...) It is always funny to get that reaction but other than that I have dropped my phone without the case one time and it landed on its side I thought for sure I had broken it but there isn't even the lightest scratch on it. After I dropped it I went fussing to amazon and ordered a case right away! Well worth the 7$ it has a built in screen protector too!

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, Samsung Tab Pro 12.2, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, and HTC vivid
    02-16-2015 04:15 AM
    Because no major manufacturer has yet to make a case for the 2014 I've purchased 3 different ones. Two were the more pricey versions. While they offered typical TPU protection the buttons were difficult to press on one and the plastic outer layer was very slick on both. Most recently got one that looks like a performance street tire tread, $4 from the UK. Squishy silicon but interesting to look at.
    On a whim I purchased a glass screen protector. I'll never go black to the plastic film stuff again.
    02-16-2015 06:44 AM
    Which screen protector did you buy? I need to get one today but I need to get it from Amazon or some place that can send it to me by Wednesday/Thursday latest.
    02-22-2015 01:20 PM
    No case or screen protector for me. I've dropped it a couple times with no issue
    02-23-2015 03:51 PM
    Yes, I use a simple TPU case I got from Amazon. What I would really like is a battery case but at this point I am guessing we aren't ever going to see one.

-kpluck
    02-26-2015 11:18 AM
    No i don't use a case for my moto g 2. When it was new i used a bumper case

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2015 02:43 AM
    Because no major manufacturer has yet to make a case for the 2014 I've purchased 3 different ones. Two were the more pricey versions. While they offered typical TPU protection the buttons were difficult to press on one and the plastic outer layer was very slick on both. Most recently got one that looks like a performance street tire tread, $4 from the UK. Squishy silicon but interesting to look at.
    On a whim I purchased a glass screen protector. I'll never go black to the plastic film stuff again.
    What's the benefit of a glass screen protector over plastic film? I prefer a non glare finish.
    03-24-2015 12:50 AM
    What's the benefit of a glass screen protector over plastic film? I prefer a non glare finish.
    The plastic film offers no impact protection, plus the glass feels and looks better.
    03-24-2015 12:55 AM
    I always use a case and screen protector. First off, I don't like the feel of a naked phone. I like the extra substance and weight a case provides. Naked phones feel too light, thin, and fragile. The only time my phone is naked is when I'm switching out cases, or putting on a new screen protector. Secondly, resale value. I buy a new phone every 6 to 9 months. Selling a phone in pristine condition is A LOT easier than a scuffed one.

Most people at work don't use one, and it shows. Most of them look like they've been through a war. Cracked screens, gouges, nicks, etc....... Heck, even if one of my cases gets scratched, I retire it and get a new one. I like perfection. I almost don't even like using my phone for fear of making it less than perfect. I'm just anal like that.
    03-28-2015 01:36 AM
    Screen protector and case. Tried out 5 or 6 different soft/hard cases. Found the soft Gel one most to my liking.
    04-01-2015 07:38 AM