Dropbox and Motorola

Security12

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a moto g and an Imac computer

I have heard of dropbox for transferring documents from my mac to my cell phone
Have tried to use dropbox several times and it doesn,t seem to work right
or I am doing something wrong and can't figure it ouy

Is there something else I can use to transfer documents only from my computer to my cell phone?
My phone uses android 4.4.2

ANY assistance would be appreciated

Thank you
Security12

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Dropbox is pretty simple to use. Just create a Dropbox account, install Dropbox on your phone and install the Dropbox client on your Mac. Files uploaded to your Dropbox are synced (downloaded) to the Mac HD and available on your phone via the Dropbox app. Installation is simple and self-explanatory.

Exactly what problems are you having? Any error messages?

As an alternative, you can use Google Drive, which works similar to Dropbox. You have 15GB free storage on Google Drive just by having a Google account.

Or maybe you would like Airdroid better:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&token=q4VGirgF

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

kpluck

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a problem with DropBox and my Android phones , iOS devices or my MacBook Pro. As Crashdamage mentioned, maybe you could give more details to the exact nature of the problem?

In addition to Google Drive, you might also want to check out Microsoft's OneDrive. My initial impressions are that it also works very well. It comes with 15GB for free and if you enable automatic picture/video backup (it will ask you to do this) they give you another 3GB.

-kpluck

Security12

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I tried to install dropbox and it came back with a response dropbox already installed to use move folder back to original location. I cannot find a dropbox folder to move back to anywhere.

I am totally lost and getting very frustrated. Is there a way I can remove dropbox from my mac and phone and start over new?

Please advise

Thank you

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You didn't say if the folder problem was with the phone or the Mac but I'm betting on the Mac. And I'm assuming that you already created a Dropbox account. And apparently, you somehow moved the Dropbox folder from its original (default?) position.

Simple fix for the Mac is just go to the software manager (whatever it's called in Apple-speak) and uninstall Dropbox. Then do a search for 'Dropbox' to find the folder. Delete it.

Now you can reinstall Dropbox on the Mac. Just accept the default location for the Dropbox folder.

On the phone, go to: Settings > Apps > Select Dropbox > Tap Clear cache > Tap Clear data > Tap Uninstall.

Now you can reinstall Dropbox on the phone.

If you have problems or questions post back here or try Support at Dropbox.com.

Security12

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Finally got dropbox loaded and all seems okay...except now it says unable to read install an application that will read this

Can anyone assist with this?
Sorry to be such a bother but at least the documents I wanted to transfer are there..I just can't read them

Thanks

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but honestly, you aren't being very clear. Sounds like you have files in Dropbox that you have no software installed on the phone that can read them. For example, maybe Word or Excel files but no Office equivalent.

So, is that correct and if so, what type of files are a problem? Answer that and we can offer a solution.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante