Aniket Mhatre

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have attached one screenshot which consist a moto e & moto x i guess. I wanted to know how did they get that glance screen which displays time & notification. How to get it on moto g 2?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 34575.jpg
    34575.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 36

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's called Active Display. You can find copycat apps in Play, but they are more often than not poor facsimiles. Which AC article is that?

Edit: found the article.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After lollipop there's a new setting called "ambient display". You can check it out.

This feature is great for phones with an AMOLED display (Moto X) because a black pixel is a not activated pixel. But with LCD screens (Moto G or E) is going to eat a lot of battery. These phones have a backlight and, battery wise, it doesn't matter much if you have black pixels or not.

Aniket Mhatre

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
After lollipop there's a new setting called "ambient display". You can check it out.

This feature is great for phones with an AMOLED display (Moto X) because a black pixel is a not activated pixel. But with LCD screens (Moto G or E) is going to eat a lot of battery. These phones have a backlight and, battery wise, it doesn't matter much if you have black pixels or not.

The feature you mentioned doesn't dislpay notifications in the way it is displayed in the pic

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon