new member with lcd problems

Mukade Mukwa

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I decided to join and make a post since it's too much to try to read on my crappy phone (computer monitor is dead now too). I recently changed the screen on my wife's moto g2 but was only getting a flash of white on the LCD. After messing with everything a second and third time, it worked, briefly... I noticed that the ribbon cable is extremely sensitive on the new screen. I got it to work while face down but as soon as I put the screws in it went black again. Is there any trick to getting the cable to stay in the correct position or does it have something to do with the pressure on the digitizer and LCD? I also noticed a very minor difference between the end of the ribbon cable from the original and new one, does that make a difference?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there any trick to getting the cable to stay in the correct position
No trick, you just have to install it correctly.

I also noticed a very minor difference between the end of the ribbon cable from the original and new one, does that make a difference?
It depends on exactly what "very minor difference" means. Cut a little differently? No. A few strands of wire sticking out, possibly shorting together when you close things up? Yes.

This is why I advice people to not work inside their phones unless they have experience working inside phones. It's like replacing the bearings on your car's crankshaft - too many little things that you're not aware of that you can mess up, that will cost you even more to get repaired. Eventually, you can end up spending more on repairing the original phone than buying a new one would have cost. You can fix little things that can be fixed without opening the phone up, but once you take the screws out, you're in "one little mistake and the phone's electronic waste" territory.

Mukade Mukwa

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
After further review, I got it to work but with a green line down the middle. However, when I go to screw on the back plate the screen either gets distorted or goes black. I might just end up returning the new screen as defective and try another. Also, I would rather be under the hood dealing with a crankshaft. Lol

Mukade Mukwa

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, got it to stay working but the LCD has issues. Line running down the middle and digitizer isn't 100%. Thanks for all the help. Literally had to wiggle the cable mm by mm back and forth to find the magic spot.

Lee Korth

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering what you were referring to? I have problems with lines running up & down on my screen & thought it might have to do with STUCK PIXELS ", but I am wondering if it had something to do with the charger. I been having problems w/the factory charger! It seemed to not be going in right, & now after reading your article, I am wondering if the charger may have caused this problem, & how do I fix it?? Are we talking about the same thing here, are you having lines running straight up & down your screen, or across it. Mine is like this,(up & down), as well as 1 line going straight across the screen. The ones up & down seem to be in a " SEQUENCE ", so could the charger pin set possibly have caused this? Thanks, hope to see you reply.

WONGA

Andy Hollis

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I have ghost touch on my 4g LTE 1st gen,top right hand corner bang on the google talk microphone its very random and goes days without a hitch then it will have a fit!! Don't understand it

Posted via the Android Central App