Just got a new car with built-in bluetooth connection. To sync a phone, the car displays the required passcode (1234) which you are then supposed to enter into your phone.
    With my iPhone 4s there was no problem at all, however, with my Motorola Moto G (running Lollipop), the car system shows as a bluetooth device, but when I try to connect, I see the dialog box that says "enter your passcode" for a fraction of a second before it disappears and I get an error message saying 'wrong passcode'. Any suggestions on ways to put that passcode in?

Thanks
    03-28-2015 10:00 AM
    Just got a new car with built-in bluetooth connection. To sync a phone, the car displays the required passcode (1234) which you are then supposed to enter into your phone.
    With my iPhone 4s there was no problem at all, however, with my Motorola Moto G (running Lollipop), the car system shows as a bluetooth device, but when I try to connect, I see the dialog box that says "enter your passcode" for a fraction of a second before it disappears and I get an error message saying 'wrong passcode'. Any suggestions on ways to put that passcode in?

Thanks
    Can you go in to the settings of the bluetooth system in the car and see then Moto G? I had this happen with my Honda, I just went in and deleted my phone from the car and then repaired and it worked fine after that.
    03-28-2015 10:10 AM
    Can you go in to the settings of the bluetooth system in the car and see then Moto G? I had this happen with my Honda, I just went in and deleted my phone from the car and then repaired and it worked fine after that.
    No, the phone hasn't ever been connected to the car system, so it doesn't have a record. Is there any way to make the phone respond with a default '1234' as soon as requested?
    03-28-2015 02:28 PM