How do I get rid of a false low battery message?

A

AC Question

False low battery message

I bought Moto G 2nd Gen. 2 weeks ago and immediately updated it to Lollipop and i get low battery performance and i don't even play games on it or play videos..just basic stuff(calling, google, whatsapp) nothing more. But today my battery dropped from 92% to 52% in about 20 min after i charged i for 1 hour in morning and then from 52% to 1% in 2 min but it didn't shut down so to check i played some videos on youtube and then i restarted my phone and then it show that i have 75% battery.. So is it a software problem or hardware problem? Do i have to change my phone? What should i do?(And sorry for my english it's no very good)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: False low battery message

I bought Moto G 2nd Gen. 2 weeks ago and immediately updated it to Lollipop and i get low battery performance and i don't even play games on it or play videos..just basic stuff(calling, google, whatsapp) nothing more. But today my battery dropped from 92% to 52% in about 20 min after i charged i for 1 hour in morning and then from 52% to 1% in 2 min but it didn't shut down so to check i played some videos on youtube and then i restarted my phone and then it show that i have 75% battery.. So is it a software problem or hardware problem? Do i have to change my phone? What should i do?(And sorry for my english it's no very good)

Sounds like the OS Is a little buggy. Try booting in to recovery and clearing your cache partition. If that does not work then a factory reset will probably do the trick. There has been a lot of issues with the Lollipop update on phones.

1. Power off device
2. Press Volume DOWN + Power buttons for 3 to 5 sec then release Volume DOWN and then Power
3. Now select Recovery. Android with /!\ will be shown.

[Lollipop]

4. Press Power and while pressing it tap Volume Up

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: False low battery message

The false battery reading has happened a couple times on my 2014. Did a cache cleaning and it has not returned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34