Gorilla Glass with Scratches after 1 week of use.

Got mine a week ago moto g 2nd gen XT1068 dual sim version. Updated it to lollipop and I'd say it works great. The only problem that I had for this phone is the "Screen". I never used it quite often yet and after 1 week of use it already has 2 1-inch size hairlike scratches on the lower 3rd of the screen. I haven't used it that much and never put it in a pocket with keys or coins so I'm surprised it has these scratches. I have been very careful with it because of the replacement policy but I was surprised on what happen. I remove the factory screen plastic 3 days after purchase believing it has Gorilla glass and the screen is clear at that time. Never drop it and never used it with sand or hard steel. Only gone to (clean)pocket to hands, just that. Scratches can only be seen if the screen is turned off and use a light to view it on top. Thankfully its not that noticeable even when using the phone unless you really look for it closely while screen is off.

I have been a user of "Nexus 10" tablet for 2 years now with Gorilla glass 2 on it without any screen guard and even now there is still not a single scratch on it, I even put things on top of it like keys and coins, even used rough cloth to wipe out the finger prints, even used it as a pingpong racket once, still no scratches. Currently still using it to read my pdf texts so screen quality is really important to me.

So I suggest for users to put screen protector on it(Moto G). I don't know, maybe because my Nexus 10 was made in Korea(which stated on the backplate) unlike my Moto G that is made in China, maybe they have a different way of making Gorilla Glass in that part of the world.
    05-14-2015 02:51 AM
    Its a cell phone.. Don't sweat it. Adds character throw a screen protector if you really want.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 12:59 PM
    I also hate scratches on my phone screen. I dont use a screen protector and have had the phone 6 months. Have no problems with the screen. Mine is a single sim usa model.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2015 09:11 PM
    It does not matter how long you used another device without a scratch on the screen, screens will scratch when it makes contact with another surface.
    05-17-2015 06:51 AM