How can I fix a Sign-in error?

A

AC Question

"Sign-in error"

I get a "Sign-in error" on my Moto G '14 when it tries to bring up the weather and stock price list - i.e. swipe from left to right on the home page.
It does not ask for a password it just prints "sing-in error". I can't find anywhere to sign in. I also noticed that none of the email accounts are syncing (1x gmail & 2x hotmail). Any help would be much appreciated with this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Sign-in error"

Welcome to Android Central! You're referring to Google Now. Are you certain your phone is logged into your Google account correctly? Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]. Is everything there syncing correctly? If not, try removing your Google account, then add it back again, making sure you enter the correct login information.

rosphite1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
The phone is not syncing

Calendar, COntacts or Gmail (all others are)

I've googled how to remove Google account

Open the Settings menu on your device.
Under "Accounts", touch the name of the account that you want to remove.
If you're using a Google account, touch Google and then the account. ...
Touch the Menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Touch Remove account.

But there is no option to remove. there is only "Sync Now"

COuld someone please help me with this

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Sign-in error"

I think you might not have gone far enough in the Settings>Accounts menu. Go to Settings>Accounts, tap Google, then tap your Gmail address. On the screen where you see all of the switches to turn Sync on and off for the various Google services, tap the menu button at the upper right. You should see Sync Now, Remove Account, and Help & Feedback.

Marla Kenobbie

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I get a "Sign-in error" on my Moto G '14 when it tries to bring up the weather and stock price list - i.e. swipe from left to right on the home page.
It does not ask for a password it just prints "sing-in error". I can't find anywhere to sign in. I also noticed that none of the email accounts are syncing (1x gmail & 2x hotmail). Any help would be much appreciated with this

Can't get rid of error notice

Last edited by a moderator: