Moto G 2nd Gen. Front-Facing (ie: Display-Side) camera preview image flipped no flip wanted.How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Moto G 2nd Gen. Front-Facing (ie: Display-Side) Camera Preview Image Flipped; No Flip Wanted

When trying to take a selfie using the front-facing (ie: display-side) camera, using the pre-installed Motorola Camera app, the display shows the preview image horizontally flipped: it's like I'm looking in a mirror (pictures captured and saved are correctly orientated, by the way--no problem there).

Now, I realise that, for the average Jo(e)(anne), this is useful, given the instinct to engage in pre-photo personal grooming (tidying hair, etc) with any photo opportunity and that (therefore) any other way would be terrifyingly unsettling and confusing. However, being 'professionally orientated', I do need to see the preview image exactly as it will be captured and saved, the same way as I would expect, if I was, say, presenting a TV show, to see myself displayed on the presenter monitor(s) facing me exactly the same as everyone else, from the production team to the viewers at home.

I have not been able to find a setting on the camera's running UI to disable the preview flipping or otherwise do what I want, so Is there there some way of doing it? Is there a better camera app? An under-the-hood setting I could tweak?

Any help really appreciated. x

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto G 2nd Gen. Front-Facing (ie: Display-Side) Camera Preview Image Flipped; No Flip Wanted

Welcome to Android Central! Is the camera app up to date? Check Google Play Store: Motorola Camera.

Also, when you were checking the camera's settings, it was while you were set to front-facing camera, right? On my Zenfone 2, the image flip option only appears when the camera is set to front-facing.