I'm also facing the same problem that an exclamation mark appears on the wifi symbol. I have read all the answers in the forum. If we change the sim slot the problem will be resolved. I have two sims. will swapping two sims resolve the problem?
    06-16-2015 01:00 AM
    I'm also facing the same problem that an exclamation mark appears on the wifi symbol. I have read all the answers in the forum. If we change the sim slot the problem will be resolved. I have two sims. will swapping two sims resolve the problem?
    Welcome to Android Central!

I believe the exclamation point just means there is a problem with the WiFi connection. You either need to forget the connection and re enter the password or you may been to sign in to a second layer of authentication like you would at Panera or McDonalds. Changing your SIM will probably not fix it because it has nothing to do with your SIMs.
    06-18-2015 08:12 AM
    I'm using the Moto G 2014 whilst traveling and every WiFi I connect to gives me the exclamation mark. The WiFi works fine but it still has the exclamation mark.
    06-20-2015 02:42 PM
    The exclamation mark means that your phone can't access the Google servers. That's the theory but, as you say, many people have it and still they can connect with no problems. It's a bug that came with Lollipop in some phones. There's a funny fix that worked many times. Power your phone off, remove your SIM card and insert it back again, power on and done. Don't ask me why, there's no logical reason for that
    06-20-2015 06:07 PM