App People : contacts from hotmail account disappeared, how can I sync them?

alagrange

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
app People : contacts from hotmail account disappeared

Android 5
Motorola G 4G

in app People all contacts from a syncronized hotmail account disappeared. Only a few from a gmail account remain. No way to add new accounts now to people. I copied the contacts from hotmail to gmail but they do not synchronize with "people" now.
Consequently the apps messaging, SMS and the phone lost also the contacts.
Before this I had changed the password in microsoft account, I updated apps outlook and one drive and installing + uninstalling office mobile.
What can I do now to have the contacts in the phone available for sending sms and making phone calls?

Contacts are now in google contacts, but I see no way to synchronize them to the contacts app (I replaced the people app by this) othr than manually by USB, no place to add the add the gmail account than for the gmail app.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: app People : contacts from hotmail account disappeared

Go to Google Contacts. If they're there, sync the phone. (Only your Google contacts will be there - SIM, Phone and Device contacts don't sync - which is why ALL contacts should be Google contacts.) If they're not there, and you can't add contacts, try installing a different contact app, like Go Contacts. (The alternative is to bring the phone to a repair shop and paying to have it repaired.)

If contacts in your contact list don't synchronize with your Google account, that's because they're not Google accounts. (Look in Contacts - the first line is the type of contact.) Export them, then import then to your Google account. (Add a "p", or something, to the beginning of each name after you export them, so after you import them - you'll have duplicates - you can delete the ones with the "p". Having the letter be at the beginning of a name will put them all in the same place when you sort, so it's easier to delete one after the other.)

alagrange

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: app People : contacts from hotmail account disappeared

Contacts are now in google contacts, but I see no way to synchronize them to the contacts app (I replaced the people app by this) othr than manually by USB, no place to add the add the gmail account than for the gmail app.