This is fixed but I thought I'd post it anyway because I see other posters with similar problems. My clock app was one hour behind. Rebooting didn't fix it. Turning on or off the Automatic home clock didn't fix it. If I selected a different time zone it would show me two times (giving me a fifty percent shot at guessing the right one). Clock app | Globe that whole list of cities was one hour off. I took it into the Verizon store and a guy there looked it over. He went to Settings | Location and turned it on. Now the clock was TWO hours behind instead of only one. Hah. But when he turned Location back off it stayed two hours off. Hilarious. We had to call in the heavy hitters. I should have found this myself, but, at least in my case, this was the answer:

Settings | Date & time | Automatic date & time must be checked! I wondered if I might have turned it off but the guy said no, he's seen it before. Which seems odd, but what are you gonna do? BTW, Automatic time zone has to be checked also apparently.

Why would they ship a phone with that unchecked? I don't know. And how could a phone not know what time it was? I don't know that either. Mine does know now, however, I'm happy to say.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-18-2015 07:34 PM
    Thanks for posting your solution! It is pretty weird that the setting would be off out of the box. Did anyone at the store set the phone up for you when you got it? Maybe they messed around with the settings.
    07-19-2015 02:29 AM
    Nope, I got it directly from Verizon. But who knows what they did to it.
    07-20-2015 03:11 PM
    Mine appears to have automatically reset sometime in the past hour. Your solution worked, though I have no idea how it changed itself, or how whatever I did today screwed it up.
    07-27-2015 03:18 PM
    Your solution worked
    I'll take it! Good to know.
    07-30-2015 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the info on 1 hour off !!
    01-20-2017 12:51 PM