Hi all.. I am new here and my question might seem a bit silly and noobish but I do need help!
    After moving to an LG G3 early this year I am now an android lover and would never go back to anything else on my smartphone.... I have a couple of family members who want to move away from their iphones but also use cheap under £10 sim only deals on them..

Anyway to cut a long story short after doing some research it seems the moto g is the way to go for them.

Now this is where the confusion starts.... whenever I go into a phone store there are several 'moto g' phones and I am confused as hell which one is the one to go or... for example.... off the top of my head I remember seeing the following a while ago in various shops...

Moto G
    Moto G 4G
    Moto G 2014 Edition
    Moto G 2015
    Moto G 2nd Gen
    Moto G 3rd Gen

I am assuming the moto g 2014 edition is the same as the 2nd gen... and moto g 2015 the same as the 3rd gen ...im not even sure....but if so why do different retailers call them different things... seriously its confusing the hell out of me.

it doesn't help that even in my confused state I tend to know more about the phones than the staff serving me... the last sales assistant I spoke to was telling me to get a Samsung J1 or Core Prime rather than the moto g because Samsung was 'a better make'.... arghhh!!!

So this has led me here.... I think its the 2nd gen I am after but after looking elsewhere on line and finding nothing im hoping someone can point me in the right direction here... maybe tell me the correct number of different versions of moto g and whats the best one to go for.. particularly in terms of keeping costs and bills down... thanks in advance
    08-09-2015 04:22 AM
    Just the battery is enough for me to choose the 2015 (3rd gen). 4G is up to you, personally I don't need it.

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using Tapatalk
    08-09-2015 05:16 AM
    I think the Moto G 2015/3rd generation is the best option. It's nicer and has a better camera and battery life. I'd recommend you the model with 16gb. For a little more money you can get the model with 2gb of RAM, it will make a difference when multitasking. The only problem is that this model has to be ordered through Motorola site.
    08-09-2015 08:08 AM
    Get the 3rd gen, if you are going for the lower or higher end version. Camera, battery, and waterproofing are all improvements separate from the RAM situation that make the 3rd gen better. In my opinion I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2015 10:51 PM